Employer: SIerra Controls LLC
Journeyman Electrician – SCADA Technician: Reno, NV
Sierra Controls, LLC is a PCIS and SCADA Integrator specializing in the water measurement and control systems for public works, utilities, agriculture, hydroelectric, private industry, and government organizations. Sierra Controls provides master planning, engineering, programming, manufacturing, installation, and service for SCADA, telemetry, instrumentation, automation, and controls. Our customers are mostly located in Northern Nevada, East and West slopes of the Sierra Mountains, and Central California areas.
Sierra Controls is actively looking for a Journeyman Electrician – SCADA Technician to work from our Reno NV location to service our Nevada and Central CA markets.
The successful candidate will have experience in several PCIS and SCADA technologies, programming, and design of SCADA systems including installation, troubleshooting, programmable logic controllers, field measuring devices and instrumentation, plant networks, network hardware and software, network troubleshooting, radio and other types of remote communication, and solar technologies. Overall, the successful candidate is expected to be well versed with significant experience with hands on field applications and field troubleshooting.
The successful candidate will have 5 years’ experience in water, wastewater, and irrigation monitoring and controls systems. Experience in design and startup of SCADA technologies for the water industry a plus.
· Manage multiple concurrent SCADA projects
· Provide technical guidance on assigned projects for the project team
· Work with other Sr. Engineers and Project Engineers to provide a quality experience for our customers and successful integration to meet each customer’s SCADA needs.
· Coordinate work with Service Manager and Install Manager to meet project needs
· Review Proposals to ensure technical accuracy for own projects
Duties / Skills:
· Design and Programming of PLC (Allen Bradley and Schneider Electric/Control Microsystems) systems
· Familiar with C++, Telepace, and ISaGRAF programming
· Integration and configurations of HMI (ClearSCADA, Wonderware and Ignition)
· Configuration of SCADA Systems and Networks
· Electrical schematics and panel design
· Project commissioning and startup
· Project Documentation and O&M Manuals
· Provide site surveys, design and review of proposals for own projects
· Design and Implementation of data communications systems including wireless networks and radio systems (Licensed and unlicensed)
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite (Word and Excel)
· Familiar with Microsoft SQL Servers
· Familiar with alarms notification programming (Win-911, Exele TopView), reporting software (Dream Reports and VantagePoint) and Remote Access Applications (Web EX, Go To My PC, Citrix, and others)
· Data Management (Virtual Basic, C++, Microsoft SQL Server)
· Develop accurate Bill of Material (BOM) for drawings and other production needs
· Provide accurate system diagrams, loop diagrams, block diagrams, and network diagrams
· Willingness to work in the field technical and engineering related tasks
· System Test all systems before field installation (where possible)
· Detail-oriented, organized, and professional
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to travel
· Leads by example
· Excellent at Team Building
· Clean Driving Record
· Ability to pass a drug test
· Must be trusted and able to work independently and remotely
· Medical, Dental, Vision, (9) Paid Holidays, PTO, Short Term & Long-Term Disability, 401K, and more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $50.00 per hour
Contact Person: Danny Hunsaker
Location: Reno, NV
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: $25 - $50 HR