Employer: Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Get to Know Us:
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We’re committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that’s in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This Role:
As a member of the Maintenance Department this position is a multi-faceted and highly visible role within the entire brewery providing technical and diagnostic expertise related to the installation, removal, testing, repair and preventative maintenance of manufacturing production and facilities equipment including; PLC programs, motor control systems and networks, instrumentation, and electronics.
What You Will Do:
• Knowledgeable of PLC programs, motor control systems and control networks for the purpose of maintenance, testing and repairs
• Conduit bending and installations, pulling and terminating wiring, and other electrical related tasks
• Troubleshoot manufacturing instrumentation; verify/correct appropriate temperature, pressure, and flow control loops ensuring the quality of our product is not compromised
• Work directly with production personnel to isolate and repair equipment problems quickly
• Install, remove, repair, modify, or replace machines and/or equipment throughout the brewery
• Keep electrical components running properly, making repairs or replacements as appropriate (e.g. motors, starters, fuses, disconnects, instrumentation, relays, switches, position sensors and printed circuit boards)
• Conduct and complete PMs and work orders as they arise at all company locations (repairs, inspections and necessary adjustments) to include the assistance of maintenance personnel when needed
• Perform housekeeping functions both in the shop and the job site to maintain a clean and safe working environment
Please Apply if You Have:
• Associate's Degree preferred or
• Technical school training preferred
• 3 years related work experience required
• Experience working with VFDs, digital and analog controls required
• Broad knowledge of industrial electrical systems and power distribution
• Know, understand and be compliant with Confined Space Entry procedure, NFPA 70E and Lockout procedure is essential
• Ability to read, understand and work from electrical schematics, ladder logic, one-line prints, equipment cut sheets and manufacturer-provided drawings is a must
• Ability to set-up and operate shop tools such as drill press, conduit bender, grinder, and other hand tools necessary to complete a repair and/or installation
• Ability to properly use PPE is required
• DL - Driver's License free of any major moving violations within the last three years upon hire required
• Internal Certification to Operate Heavy Equipment including forklift, scissor lift, genie boom, etc. within 90 Days required
Additional Requirements to Consider Before Applying
You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check
Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer driver's license check.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact Person: Steven Ng
Location: Chico, CA
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: DOQ