Employer: Epson’s Portland Operations
Mold Maintenance Technician:
Are you looking for a career and, most importantly, a company you can grow with? Epson Portland Inc. is in the midst of another exciting year and we are looking for a candidate that is ready to grow with us!
The Mold Maintenance Technician works under general supervision to maintain and repair injection molds. Using their technical knowledge, the Mold Maintenance Technician will perform preventive maintenance, repair molds, and fabricate components. This role is responsible for supporting the department supervisor and meeting the quality, production, and cost improvement objectives for the molding department.
Shift:7:00 am – 3:30 pm Monday-Friday
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Actively participate in the inspection, cleaning, repair, and modification of molds and machined parts for all production areas
2. Maintain, monitor, and document injection mold history to ensure continuous adherence to quality specifications and established company standards
3. Work from blueprints, specifications, and diagrams, inspect completed work for conformance to company standards
4. Perform mold repair work on cavities and cores due to damage or wear. Note any changes to molds, inserts, parts, etc. Must document work and keep accurate records.
5. Work with engineering department and participate in design reviews.
6. Assist in training of lower-level Mold Maintenance Technicians.
7. Perform programming, set-up, and operation of the multi-axis CNC machinery
8. Utilize Mastercam software to develop programs using G-Codes for HAAS CNC mill
Education and Experience:
1. Associate’s degree in Machine Shop Technology or completion of 4-year Apprenticeship program or equivalent applicable education and work experience is required
2. Minimum three (3) years of experience in a tool room is required; demonstrated understanding of injection molding technology preferred
3. Intermediate PC skills are required, including experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and Mastercam 2018
4. Proficient use of machine tools to include CNC equipment, lathe, surface grinder, band saw, cut-off saw, measurement equipment, and hand tools is required
5. Proficient knowledge of tool steel and heat treatment requirements
6. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to communicate with all levels of personnel and outside vendors
At Epson Portland Inc., your input matters. We pride ourselves on inclusion, diversity, and individuality as our innovations come from our differing perspectives. We are steadfast in our commitment to quality, environmental conservation, and developing options and solutions for the Seiko Epson Group. Whether you have been here two weeks or twenty years, you can have an impact on the business and enjoy growth and fulfillment in your career at Epson Portland Inc. With an average employee tenure of 14 years, many of our team members have deep organizational knowledge to share. Founded in 1986, Epson Portland Inc. is located in Hillsboro, Oregon.
We offer an outstanding benefits package, including:
•Comprehensive, low-cost medical, dental, vision, alternative care, and prescription drug coverage
•Generous paid time off, including sick time, vacation, and holidays
•Income protection plans, including life insurance and disability programs
•Financial security plans including a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
•Educational reimbursement, employee discounts and much more
To be considered for this position, please send resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org reference Requisition #8816 in the subject line of your message.
Pre-employment drug screening is required.
Epson Portland Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: HIllsboro, OR
Application Method: Online: https://epson.com/hillsboro-jobs
Base Pay: DOQ