Employer: Epson’s Portland Operations
The Equipment Technician works under general supervision to maintain pneumatic automated production equipment used in the manufacturing process. Using their technical knowledge, the Equipment Technician will perform preventive maintenance, mechanical and/or electrical troubleshooting, and maintenance projects in relation to meeting the quality, production, and cost improvement objectives for the Ink Cartridge Manufacturing department.
Shift:Monday – Friday; 3:00pm – 11:30 pm
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Inspects, troubleshoots, and maintains robots and related pneumatic automated production equipment.
2. Utilizes PLC programs for troubleshooting.
3. Utilizes test and diagnostic equipment to perform equipment audits/maintenance.
4. Troubleshoots manufacturing equipment issues, completes assigned repair/maintenance projects, and performs preventive maintenance checks as required.
5. Documents maintenance projects and maintains a log of issues/resolutions.
6. Inspects and analyzes defective parts to determine necessary machine adjustments.
7. Responds to urgent maintenance projects/requests in support of manufacturing.
8. Records spare part usage and communicates low inventory items to appropriate personnel.
9. Supports Engineering Technicians in addressing quality issues.
10.Supports team projects and process improvement activities as directed.11.Follows and enforces company-wide safety programs including lock out/tag out procedures, and ensures safety guards are in place and in proper working order.
Education and Experience:
1. AA degree in electronics or related field preferred.
2. 1-2 years combined mechanical and/or electrical maintenance experience or equivalent.
3. Demonstrated ability to make adjustments to/and work on various automated production equipment with limited supervision.
4. Demonstrated ability to utilize PLC programs for troubleshooting.
5. Demonstrated ability to identify and communicate issues and offer proposed solutions.
6. Demonstrated teamwork skills including initiative to help others on team.
At Epson Portland Inc., your input matters. We pride ourselves on inclusion, diversity, and individuality as our innovations come from our differing perspectives. We're steadfast in our commitment to quality, environmental conservation, and developing options and solutions for the Seiko Epson Group. Whether you've been here two weeks or twenty years, you can have an impact on the business and enjoy growth and fulfillment in your career at Epson Portland Inc. Founded in 1986, Epson Portland Inc. is located in Hillsboro, Oregon. We offer an outstanding benefits package, including:
•Comprehensive, low-cost medical, dental, vision, alternative care, and prescription drug coverage
•Generous paid time off, including sick time, vacation, and holidays
•Income protection plans, including life insurance and disability programs
•Financial security plans including a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
•Additional benefits such as educational reimbursement, an employee assistance program(EAP), employee discounts and much more
To be considered for this position, please reference Requisition #8814 in the subject line of your email, and include a resume.
Pre -employment drug screening is required. Epson Portland Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Apply Now!
Location: HIllsboro, OR
Application Method: Online: https://epson.com/hillsboro-jobs
Base Pay: DOQ