Employer: Perry Technical Institute
Maintenance / HVAC Technician
Job Location: Main Campus - Yakima, WA
Salary Range: $20.00 - $25.00
MAINTENANCE / HVAC TECHNICIAN
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, a Maintenance / HVAC Technician must possess a variety of skills encompassing most of the construction trades, with a specialty in HVAC service and maintenance. Technicians repair and maintain heating and cooling systems in a commercial educational setting. In this role, Technicians troubleshoot faulty equipment, conduct tests with a variety of devices, diagnose, and repair issues that interrupt performance or create hazards. Technicians may paint one day, respond to a faulty HVAC system the next, and then repair an irrigation failure later that same day. Technicians handle repairs that require basic skills as an electrician, carpenter, plumber, mechanic, painter, HVAC technician, roofer and floor installer. The job may involve replacing a failed capacitor, performing preventative maintenance on facility systems, or mowing the lawn. Other tasks may include replacing light bulbs, small equipment maintenance, unloading a delivery with a forklift, and all aspects of landscaping and maintenance. However, Technicians must always remain aware of their limitations and request the services of their supervisor, or a licensed professional when they lack expertise or local ordinances require it.
Duties are performed on campus and off-site as needed. Working effectively and collaboratively in a team environment is a must. Working conditions are as follows:
Working indoors and outdoors is required. When working outdoors, may be subject to inclement weather. The work may be strenuous at times and may include lifting heavy objects, and standing, stooping, and kneeling for long periods. Risks include injury from falls, burns, cuts, and exposure to inclement weather. Workers must follow strict safety procedures to avoid injuries.
This is a nonexempt, full-time, regular position. Anticipated schedule is 40 hours, Monday through Thursday. Schedule may vary depending on department needs. Overtime may be required as necessary.
WAGE RANGE: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, prescription, 401(k) with profit share and matching, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, employee assistance plan, paid sick leave, vacation, 11 paid holidays, 4-day work weeks and more.
- Practical work experience working in the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology industry or a certificate of completion from an accredited post-secondary Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology program.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
- Ability to communicate effectively and to interface with students and staff in a professional, approachable manner.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Must be willing to consent to a drug test.
- Three (3) years of related practical work experience working in the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology industry or a certificate of completion from an accredited post-secondary Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology program.
- One (1) year of assignment-related maintenance experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed herein.
- Documented experience using a variety of manual and power tools.
- Documented experience with Microsoft Outlook and Word and computerized database programs.
- Working knowledge of boilers, heat pumps, cooling towers, roof top package units, mini splits, water source / geothermal heat pumps, and DDC controls. Documented understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating.
- Demonstrated experience with electrical, mechanical, and plumbing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Follow oral and or written instructions and carryout assigned tasks to complete construction, landscaping, and facility improvement projects.
- Communicate and interact effectively with employees, students, vendors, and visitors.
- Understand and apply basic math and accurately read a ruler and tape measure to perform job duties.
- Complete maintenance work requests using computer and mobile based FMX.
- Follow operating procedures, work standards, compliance with OSHA to ensure safety in all aspects of maintenance duties.
- Install, maintain, and repair HVAC systems and equipment.
- Diagnose electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems.
- Perform a wide variety of preventative maintenance tasks on HVAC systems such as boilers, heat pumps, cooling towers, roof top package units, mini splits, water source / geothermal heat pumps, and DDC controls.
- Perform emergency HVAC repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Keep daily logs and equipment records of all maintenance, repairs, services, and installations.
- Perform all aspects of grounds maintenance including the application of pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers pruning, trimming, mowing, edging, picking up yard waste and debris, pulling weeds, irrigation system install, repair, and maintenance, and operation of grounds equipment.
- Perform a wide variety of building preventative maintenance, repairs, and services. Subjects include but are not limited to: asphalt, flooring, painting, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, roofing, masonry, and mechanical.
- Operate, maintain, and repair a wide variety of manual and power tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Maintain facilities, grounds, shop, and storage sites in a clean and orderly condition.
- Assemble, disassemble, repair, move, and install a variety of furnishings.
- Load, unload, and deliver shipments using a pallet jack, hand truck, and forklift.
- Read floor plans and technical diagrams to properly maintain building and grounds operating systems.
- Perform event set-up and clean-up.
- Strip, wax, and burnish floors.
- Remove snow and ice from parking lots, sidewalks, and buildings, during and after business hours using shovels, snow blowers, and plow truck, repeatedly and for prolonged periods of time.
- Secure facilities, equipment, and property as required.
- Respond to maintenance requests in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Medium to heavy work requiring prolonged or repeated use of hands and wrists, standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and frequent lifting and carrying of 50lbs.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=26011&clientkey=82B497C78D856557AF696B0975762145
Base Pay: $20 - $25 HR