Employer: UW (Harborview Medical Center, HMC)
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC 2
Req #: 188640
Department: HMC - MAINTENANCE
Job Location: Harborview Medical Center
Closing Info: Open Until Filled
Salary: $4,104 - $5,449 per month
Union Position: Yes
Shift: First Shift
As the region's only Level I Trauma center, Harborview Medical Center (HMC) is well known for innovations and excellence in trauma care and its centers of emphasis: Trauma, Burn, Neurosciences, AIDS/STD CARER, and mentally-and medically- vulnerable populations. In addition to the centers of emphasis, HMC serves a mission population for King County. Harborview employees are committed to the vital role the institution plays in the immediate community, as well as the entire Northwest region. HMC is owned by King County and managed by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW’s School of Medicine. The UW is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, and natural beauty.
HMC Maintenance has an outstanding opportunity for a full time day shift MAINTENTANCE MECHANIC 2. The person in this role is responsible for implementation and performance of preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance and testing on all building equipment.
Job duties include:
- Operate machine shop equipment, including lathe, drill press, grinder milling machine, band saw, fans, air and vacuum compressors and motors. Use equipment to fabricate parts.
- Preventative maintenance includes, but is not limited to; door hardware, plumbing fixtures and valves, air diffusers, shelving, taking pressure readings, replacing lamp and ballasts.
- Light troubleshooting and repair on carpentry, paint, plaster, electrical, door hardware, plumbing and HVAC as required.
- General cleaning of materials and equipment as needed.
- Inspect and test electrical equipment, paint finishes, floor finishes, door hardware, cabinetry, nurse call equipment and light fixtures.
- Possess and have the ability to understand hospital codes and replace as needed.
- Identify issues proactively and troubleshoot problems on machinery and equipment in hospital.
- Assist multiple shops with equipment and infrastructure test procedures including but not limited to infrared testing of HVAC, Machine, refrigeration and electrical equipment.
- Assist with tracing of duct work, drain lines, gas piping, water piping and electrical circuits.
- Report to lead to maintain efficiency of maintenance procedures.
- Drive service truck.
Other duties as assigned, may perform work in other trade skills.
- As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please view this page.
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship as a journey worker, OR full-journey status in a union; OR four years' applicable work experience. Vocational training may be substituted for work experience on a year-for-year basis. Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator's license may be required.
- The examination (including written, E & T, and oral components) will consist of a scored evaluation of the applicant's experience in mechanical maintenance work; ability to perform demanding physical labor; knowledge of mechanical maintenance and repair techniques; ability to perform general mechanical maintenance and repair of buildings, machinery, and equipment.
- Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.
- Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
- The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral. The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
- The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 or email@example.com.
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Online: https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=JobProfile&szOrderID=188640&szlocationID=88
Base Pay: $4,104 - $5,449 MO