Maintenance Mechanic - Selah, WA
SunRype Products (USA), Inc.
Employer actively reviewed candidates 3 days ago
Salary: $18 - $23 an hour
Full Job Description:
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the functions of the production, material handling, and support equipment to assure its proper operation and performs maintenance activities to maximize plan production and minimize plant down time.
1. Role in Safe Quality Food (SQF)
· Mechanic is responsible for ensuring the equipment and mechanical systems are properly maintained, with tools and parts sanitized and accounted for once the repair is completed.
· The mechanic must immediately notify the Production Supervisor once the repair is complete to determine the level of cleaning before production can resume.
· Mechanic must follow all guidelines in the Preventative Maintenance Pillar as well as other procedures.
· Follow all SunRype Food Safety guidelines and Personal Health, Hygiene and GMP’s.
· Performs and documents line checks and preventative maintenance inspections (PM), including lubrication and inspection of equipment to prevent or identify failures.
· Performs and documents troubleshooting, removal, installation, disassembly, repair and assembly of production, material handling, waste and raw product equipment, support equipment and systems into Computerized Maintenance system.
· Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
· Follows instructions given in work logs, work orders and equipment manuals.
· Operates a forklift in a safe manner.
· Performs non-routine maintenance activities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor or Plant Manager and must be capable of performing emergency repairs.
3. Job Requirements:
The following requirements are those that are normally required for performance of the Mechanic position. Any disabled applicant or incumbent who does not meet one or more of the requirements, but who can perform the essential function of the job (with or without reasonable accommodations) shall be deemed to meet these requirements.
4. Physical Requirements:
This position requires the following physical demands up to 90% of the time:
· Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds,
· Must be able to carry 25 pounds up and down 21 stairs,
· Must be able to stand for 8 hours during a shift minus breaks and lunch,
· Must be able to work in hot, humid and/or cold areas,
· Must be able to stand, bend, squat, crawl, kneel, reach above shoulders, climb ladders and crawl in tight and awkward work places for long periods of time,
· Must be able to safely lift and carry a 51-pound stepladder,
· May be required to safely lift up to 100 pounds unassisted,
· Must have good hand-eye coordination.
5. Non-Physical Requirements:
A. Education: Mechanical certification and High school diploma preferred.
B. Experience: Minimum one year experience in a juice processing environment preferred.
C. Special Skills:
- Able to work any shift, overtime and any or all days of the week in accordance with plant needs.
- Able to do electrical troubleshooting.
- Able to demonstrate safe use and skilled application of tools commonly used in the plant in accordance with established practices and procedures.
- Ability to use stick welder, wire welder, tig, plasma torch, oxygen acetylene torch.
- Ability to recognize and name stainless steel, mild steel, and aluminum.
- Ability to sharpen drill bits, chisels, and cutting tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
- Personally invested in the success of the business.
- Motivated, focused and accountable for results.
D. Licensure, Registration, Certification:
- WA State Electrician Certification preferred.
E. External Relationships:
F. Internal Relationships:
- The mechanic must interact and communicate effectively with all employees of the organization. Effective communication is especially important with the shift supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $23.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Employee's are pre-screened before entering the facility. We provide face masks, shields, and gloves provided. Also hourly sanitation of the facility.
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
Work Remotely: No
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Location: Selah, WA
Application Method: Please send resumes to: AThacker@sunrype.com
Base Pay: $18 - $23 HR