Employer: Del Monte Foods
Harvester Maintenance Mechanic
Qualified candidates must have the following:
* 3- 5 years maintenance experience in an industrial setting or farm production. Preferably with experience with Oxbo corn and pea harvesters equipment.
* Welding skill with stainless (stick and wire feed), oxy-acetylene torch, and well versed in working with a range of manual and powered hand tools.
* Excellent maintenance skill and the ability to accurately access equipment repair needs on a range of production equipment and able to learn and adapt to new or unfamiliar equipment.
* Fully capable of reading and successfully utilizing instructions from equipment manuals, and providing guidance, training and leadership to junior mechanics in assigned department.
* Excellent understanding of safety requirements in a production/industrial setting.
* Working knowledge of motor controls, hydraulics and pneumatics.
* Fully capable of reading and communicating in English to grasp, apply, discuss and order technical information and parts from Corporate QA, Equipment Manuals, Vendors, etc.
* Actively applies preventive maintenance system using PC Software for record keeping, part ordering, inventory, and cost analysis.
* Must be able to work any shift and handle long working hours (up to 7 days per week) during harvest season.
*Must have a valid driver license and clean MVR.
* Good communications skills and able to deal with vendors, clients, etc.
* Must have own tools adequate to perform job duties.
Competitive hourly rate
Comprehensive benefits package
Pre-Employment Requirements involve a Full Background check to include a drug screen.
Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Please be advised that your application is not complete until you fill out, sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a specific position for which Del Monte Foods, Inc. is actively recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the required qualifications for the position.
To provide the mechanical knowledge necessary to support the operations within the plant, or cookroom, or warehouse, and other areas as deemed necessary.
DESCRIBE THE PRINCIPAL CONTINUING RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSTION IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE:
1) General knowledge of processing, and material handling equipment and the ability to repair. A variety of equipment within the department assigned in the plant.
2) Ability to work independently, consistently and efficiently with minimal supervision.
3) Ability to determine if worn parts need replacement and determine parts and materials needed for performance of maintenance duties.
4) Ability to understand and work with electrical components and instrumentation.
5) Ability to weld, heli-arc, and use cutting torch, pipe threader and all other plant shop tools.
6) Ability to read and interpret parts manuals to assure that correct parts are used and assist in maintaining. an acceptable part inventories.
7) Responsible for the related communication, documentation, and reporting associated with related job duties.
8) Ensures compliance with all approved and applicable safety rules in the employee's area of responsibility.
9) Supports, facilitates, and assists in the implementation of the facility's Continuous Improvement (C.I.) initiatives.
10) Miscellaneous - Assist in performing various seasonal tasks as directed by management.
Contact Person: Milagros Sandoval
Location: Toppenish. WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOE