Employer: IHI POWER SERVICES CORP
O&M Tech I
Job Location: Riverside Generating LLC - Catlettsburg, KY
Position Type: Full Time
IHI Power Services Corp. (IPSC) is looking for a O&M Tech I at Riverside Generating, nestled in the foothills of the Appalachians located in Catlettsburg, Kentucky (3 hours east of Louisville). Riverside is 888 MW natural gas power plant providing power to homes and businesses.
Joining the team at Riverside and the IPSC fleet, means you’ll be a part of a tight knit team in which employees are the backbone of the company. Our values are based upon IPSC’s Guiding Principles System, which is founded in working together as a team. No one person can monitor and control the complete operation of a plant. As a result, we must share our knowledge, skill and experience in tandem to completely understand and productively respond to the challenges of running our plants. The Guiding Principles are: Growth, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, and Limitless. Is this you?
As a member of Riverside and IPSC, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes a 401K and provides a range of benefit options that will cover your wellness needs.
IPSC headquartered in Aliso Viejo, CA, provides operations, maintenance, management and power support services to the Power Generation Industry across the United States. Our team is comprised of experts from diverse backgrounds of technical fields, including power operations, engineering, asset management, as well as finance, human resources, administration, safety and environmental. With this diverse background coupled with extensive years of employee experience, IPSC provides exceptional operations, maintenance, management and development expertise to a variety of power assets.
The O&M Technician I is an entry level position and is responsible for monitoring the status of all plant systems, controlling routine plant operations, responding to alarms and abnormal conditions by taking appropriate corrective actions as directed by Control Room Operator, and performs basic routine maintenance duties. The position will assist in plant shutdown and start-up procedures as required and assures that the plant meets its generating requirements while operating in a safe and efficient manner. The O&M Technician I carries out tasks in accordance with Plant Operating and Maintenance procedures and associated vendor and manufacturer technical procedures. This position operates from established and well-known procedures, performing duties as directed, encounters recurring work situations which can be highly complex, occasional variations from the norm.
- Perform “Auxiliary Operator” duties; assist in starting, operating, and stopping the plant and responding to abnormal and emergency conditions in the most effective manner, complying with all safety and environmental requirements.
- Continuously monitor system and component conditions to determine plant and equipment performance.
- Operate all plant equipment to meet plant dispatch requirements and report issues or other anomalies of plant equipment and performance to Control Room Operator, Maintenance or Direct Manager.
- Assist in conducting acceptance and performance tests on existing or new plant equipment.
- Adjust control systems to regulate the load on the Gas Turbines and to maintain proper conditions.
- Perform emergency activities to maintain electric service and safeguard station equipment as required.
- Control all plant evolutions to ensure their safe and effective conduct and compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Perform basic mechanical maintenance duties such as predictive and preventative maintenance, replacing basic parts (filters, gaskets, etc.), and repacking bearings.
- Perform the tasks of opening, closing, racking, resetting, and routine maintenance on breakers and switch gear up to 220 kV.
- Conduct basic trouble shooting and analysis on indication and control equipment.
- Collect and analyze “trending” information to evaluate equipment performance and to forecast possible equipment failures.
- Assist in and support major maintenance on plant equipment that is conducted by outside contractors.
- Forecast, inventory, and reorder spare parts to maintain plant reliability.
- Assist in physical inventories.
- Participate in the administrative maintenance of the plant operating manuals, technical references, prints and diagrams and preventative/predictive maintenance records.
- Maintain complete equipment files, logs, drawings, and schematics for all designated equipment.
- Maintain assigned working locations in a neat and orderly condition.
- Complete other tasks as requested by the Operations, Maintenance Manager or Direct Report
Education and Experience An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- High school graduate or equivalent, and trade school, related military service training programs, or technical training school programs. Additional professional training preferred.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of control room experience in power generation facilities, process plants or equivalent military experience. Additional experience with machinery repair and control systems preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate license for the location.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Must possess basic math skills, good verbal communications skills, and be proficient with the use of power and precision tools.
- Must be cooperative with those he/she contacts in this work and have the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Must know the hazards involved and the safety precautions to be practiced in the operation and maintenance of power plant equipment and machinery.
- Work within and insure strict adherence to all safety practices and procedures.
- Must be able to respond to audio alarms and variations of sound.
- Basic data entry/computer skills
- Work as a team. Must be able to pool our knowledge and energy to work in tandem to completely understand and productively respond to all of the business challenges.
Work Environment Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Protective equipment such as hard hats, safety glasses, air masks, ear protection and other equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties. Work with hazardous materials may be required.
- Requires working rotating 12 hour shifts with weekend and holiday work as required by schedules, workload and plant conditions.
- Includes working indoors and outdoors.
Physical Abilities that is commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to work on feet for extensive periods, requiring stair and ladder climbing, and routinely lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in elevated areas, confined spaces and in extreme heat and cold conditions.
IHI Power Services Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Contact Person: TIMEKA JENNINGS
Location: Catlettsburg, KY
Application Method: Email: TIMEKA.JENNINGS@IHIPOWER.COM
Base Pay: DOQ