Employer: Monson Fruit. Co
The Instrumentation Technician works within the Information Technology Department at Monson Fruit Company. Depending on the season, the day-to-day of this position will vary. Technicians should be comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail. You will work independently and with others to maintain, install, and troubleshoot all telecommunications and related machinery and equipment. This position will also oversee the progress of various projects, mainly relating to PLC equipment and IT support in a warehouse environment. Technicians also play a role in troubleshooting equipment, hardware and basic software when needed. This position allows for an opportunity to work independently and using/building quick and effective problem-solving skills.
There are various responsibilities that this position will take on, mainly including:
• Responsible for PLC programming, debugging, and troubleshooting of new and exciting automation systems.
• Troubleshoot, repair and maintain all plant computer, electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic instrumentation control systems.
• Provide Desktop and network technical support including troubleshooting, upgrading and repairing of Windows-based client computers, servers and mobile devices.
• Assist in the development of electrical and controls system design
• Researches new hardware and software needs based on supplied requirements
• Make recommendations on purchasing, inventory requirements for all instrument related equipment, and determine the appropriate inventory of spare parts for instrumentation.
• Review or modify blueprints and shop drawings to conform to established plant standards. Assist in inspection of instrumentation installed by contractors. Witness and assess loop commission testing.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Advanced knowledge of the principles and techniques of instrumentation and electronics (typically found in a four-year apprenticeship program, two years of college-level training or an equivalent combination of education and work experience).
• Experience using the techniques necessary to analyze industrial processes for the design, modification, troubleshooting, and repair of plant control instrumentation.
• Demonstrated work experience (example- three years) in a journey-level industrial instrumentation or a related field such as electronics.
• Knowledge of oral and written communication techniques and principles and to apply these techniques to read, write and follow oral and written instructions. Skill in establishing and maintaining a working relationship with a diverse group of people in varying occupations and working in a team environment.
• Skill in utilizing a computer and associated software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, single-loop controller (SLC) and programmable logic controllers (PLC).
Pay: Discussed upon interview
To Apply: Contact Olivia at OliviaM@monsonfruit.com
Contact Person: Olivia
Phone: 509 697 9175
Location: Selah WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: Discussed upon interview