Employer: MTM Robotics
Robotics Technician - Mukilteo, WA
Job Type: Full-time
Full Job Description:
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
MTM Robotics (an Airbus company) is looking for a self-motivated and dependable individual to fill an opening for Robotics Technician. MTM designs, manufactures, and installs automated assembly and control systems for research and industrial manufacturing applications in the aerospace industry. Our tools are used in the direct manufacture of large-scale aerospace structures. We have a dynamic, talented and collaborative team and want those who are energized by contributing to solutions to solve our customer's toughest problems.
The person in this position will be responsible for testing the implementation of industrial automation solutions locally, domestically and internationally at MTM and in customer locations. Job tasks including testing, installation, set up, start-up support and training, while interacting with customers in a professional and supportive manner. The Robotics Technician must be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for technical issues to assure complete stakeholder and customer satisfaction through all stages of the automation deployment lifecycle.
- The duties of the Robotics Technician -
- Provide professional, consistent, calm, clear and confident oral and written communication.
- Implement company automation products to customer's applications, serving as a liaison with customers to discuss inquiries and resolve problems as needed.
- Analyze customer sites and provide product application and knowledge to customer.
- Perform start-up, installations, integration, troubleshooting and training services.
- Read mechanical and electrical blueprints and have a solid understanding of basic electrical mechanical control systems to effectively learn and run automation systems.
- Troubleshoot automated systems, using knowledge of microprocessors, programmable controllers, electronics, circuit analysis, mechanics, sensors, feedback systems and pneumatics.
- Disassemble and reassemble automation products or peripheral equipment to make repairs such as replacement of defective circuit boards, sensors, controllers, encoders, motors and mechanical components.
- Perform preventive or corrective maintenance on systems or components.
- Maintain service records or documentation of equipment or systems.
- Follow all safety and security requirements provided by MTM, its partners, and future/current customers.
- Perform testing in house and at customers sites with MTM Robotics equipment
- Assist with the manufacturing and build processes to better streamline and improve our products and build quality
- Travel is required.
- Travel Frequency: Approximately 70% of time at the MTM facility in Mukilteo, WA and 30% time at customers sites domestically and internationally on short notice if situation requires it.
- Travel Duration: Most frequently ranges from 1-3 weeks per trip. Travel lasting longer may be required in certain instances.
- S. citizenship.
- 2+ years mechanical or electrical repair experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows 7 and 10, Outlook, and the Office suite.
- Self-managing but also works well under general supervision.
- A dependable, motivated, results and detail-oriented individual who can independently assess, identify, plan and resolve issues before and after they arise.
- Shows persistence and adaptability when working in high pressure situations, during tight deadlines, and in front of customer.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Basic machine shop and hand tool skills.
- Ability to pass in-depth customer security screening in-order to gain access to customer sites.
- Current passport maintained to ensure not within 6 months of expiration.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience in SolidWorks to open and view Engineering CAD files as needed.
- Robotics or Industrial Automation background.
- A basic understanding of connecting to devices such as http, ftp, and ssh as well as an understanding of concepts such as IP Conflicts, network bandwidth, and EMI.
- Basic proficiency with French or German
- Experienced in advanced mechanical assemblies, sensor technology, pneumatics, setups and adjustments.
- Knowledgeable in computing systems and control system hardware including instrumentation.
- As a leader in our field, Airbus in America provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
Location: Mukilteo, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Instrumentation%20Technician&l=Washington%20State&start=10&vjk=71e4a08cc3b532f4
Base Pay: DOQ