Employer: OIC of WA
Opportunities Industrialization Center (OIC) of Washington is a Non-profit, Community Action Agency (CAP) organization providing Community Services through federal, state and local agencies. Locations include Mt. Vernon, Moses Lake, Pasco, Sunnyside, Ellensburg, Seattle, Wenatchee, Omak and Yakima.
Our Mission is to promote human services, economic development, and affordable housing. We have been providing education and employment support to communities since 1971.
Our vision is to assist families with life's challenges.
We are proud to employ a diverse workforce to deliver job training in communities where the need is great.
It is the policy of OIC to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of their marital status, race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
OIC of Washington is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids/services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. For TTY relay, call 1-800-833-6388.
Back to Category List
Available Positions > Job Description
Fiscal Accountant (Full Time)
Select Location: Yakima
Fiscal Department Payroll Accountant
Supervised by: Chief Financial Officer
Positions Supervised: None
1. BA degree in accounting or business related field and two years’ experience in mid-level accounting positions. OR
2. AA degree in accounting or business related field and four years in mid-level accounting position and 1 year payroll experience. Additional accounting classes and training is desirable.
3. Additional years’ of experience and education will be considered in lieu of BA and AA degree.
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Location: Yakima
The Accountant will review grant budgets, analyze GL and financial statements, prepare journal entries, prepare monthly billings, compile financial information, reconcile bank statements and also process purchase orders, supply requisitions, accounts payable vouchers and receivables, ensuring accounting procedures and regulatory requirements are followed an BA degree in accounting and 3-4 years’ experience is required, Government or fund Accounting experience is preferred. Typically uses automated system to produce accurate and timely payroll. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws and relevant grant requirements. The Payroll Accountant may also perform other accounting duties such as, accounts payable, accounts receivable and other related tasks.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize sound judgment, work effectively and calmly under pressure and maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent people skills, including maintaining composure and calm during stressful situations, such as disciplinary and discharge actions.
- Demonstrate the ability to process complex problems, reviewing relevant information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple complex projects with critical deadlines.
- Ability to use deductive reasoning skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team; providing support and assistance to co-workers as needed.
- Able to demonstrate a genuine concern and respect for all cultures and diverse populations served by OIC.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Required to drive a motor vehicle for a significant amount of time.
- Occasionally required to reach, push/pull, and stoop.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or move objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Noise level in this work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Successfully pass a Criminal History & Background Check.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Maintain a current driver’s license, required motor vehicle insurance, reliable vehicle and good driving record.
- Employment is conditional on CEO approval.
Contact Person: Isabel Olivas
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Please send resume to: email@example.com
Base Pay: $21 - $24 DOQ