Employer: Borton & Sons, Inc.
POSITION TITLE: Industrial Refrigeration Technician
REPORTS TO: Warehouse Manager
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Industrial Refrigeration Technician monitors and performs routine and advanced refrigeration maintenance and repairs throughout the warehouse.
The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. Borton & Sons, Inc. may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion:
• Performs operation, repair and adjustment of refrigeration systems. Monitors system performance and determines when system is not operating correctly.
• Performs routine maintenance on various types of warehouse equipment.
• Tests, maintains, and evaluates equipment performance using instruments such as voltmeters, pyrometers, ohmmeters, and pressure gauges. Tests and calibrates HVAC equipment.
• Troubleshoots equipment and recommends corrective action.
• Replaces components within the refrigeration system.
• Inspects completed work for compliance to blueprints, specifications, and safety standards.
• Maintains accurate maintenance and service records.
• Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
• General knowledge of industrial refrigeration systems and tools, including repair and maintenance.
• Reasoning ability to problem solve as necessary.
• Work independently in the absence of direct supervision and efficiently carry out assignments.
• Ability to be flexible in schedule, including necessary overtime and weekend work schedule.
• Ability to work in varied warehouse/manufacturing environments, including exposure to weather elements.
• Ability to communicate via written, verbal, face-to-face, telephone and computer methods.
• Ability to physically perform the rigorous physical requirement of job.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• High school diploma or GED required; advanced technical/vocational training preferred.
• Related certifications preferred.
• Valid driver’s license required.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This position requires frequent periods of sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, grasping, reaching, pulling/pushing objects, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, and performing repetitive movements.
Borton & Sons, Inc. is a 12‐month, two‐shift facility which can require occasional and seasonal overtime and added stress at times.
Contact Person: John King
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Base Pay: DOQ