Employer: Yakima County
There is one Accounting position open in Financial Services Department. Position is responsible for performing professional level accounting activities to bridge the programmatic fiscal needs of the assigned department with detailed accounting/compliance.
Time Type: Full time
Compensation Grade: C41-U00
Primary Location: Yakima County Courthouse
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Recruiting Start Date: 03/05/2021
Target Hire Date: 04/15/2021
- Prepares and/or oversees the preparation of a variety of complex reports, statements, and documents to meet other Yakima County agency requirements, including the preparation of annual budgets.
- Develops County-wide Indirect Cost Allocation Plan (ICAP) for reimbursement of costs from state and federal agencies; creates cost allocation models for internal cost allocations between departments.
- Oversees and reconciles financial reporting for federal and state grant allocations; invoices grantor and pays contracted vendors; reconciles and reports on grant activity.
- Serves as lead to technical accounting staff .
- Evaluates, implements, and maintains County-wide financial software by testing upgrades and completing year-end rollover scripts.
- Reconciles asset inventories and prepares annual financial reports.
- Maintains County-wide procurement cards and office product multi-level approval authorities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration plus
- One year financial experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides knowledge, skills and abilities sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Valid Driver’s License and proof of insurance, if requested
- Successful completion of a comprehensive background investigation
- Governmental Accounting or Grant Accounting Experience; Experience working with Microsoft Office software programs (Excel, Access) and Financial Management Systems.
- Ability to Multitask, Confidentiality, Ability to work under pressure, Travel, Multiple work locations, ability to articulate and communicate information in conversations, Ability to follow verbal instruction, Talking, Visual activity, Fingering, Sitting, Hearing, Handling.
Upon entry what specific knowledge would an individual need to assume the duties of this position (Information or concepts that can be measured through written or oral examination):
- Practices and principles of project management;
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Financial theories and principle including audit functions;
- Laws and regulations governing financial accounting functions;
- Cost analysis accounting principles;
- Budgeting theories and principles;
- Cash and investments management;
- Government and fund accounting theories and principles;
- Customer service techniques and team building concepts
- Skills (and abilities): Upon entry what specific skills/abilities would an individual need to assume the duties of this position Examples: skill in operation of machinery or equipment; skill in writing; skill in making group presentations
Applying Generally-Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP);
- Developing and writing reports;
- Reviewing and monitoring the work of others;
- Interpreting contracts, policies, procedure, laws and regulations;
- Tracking fixed assets, investments and cash flow;
- Analyzing financial information and preparing sound financial recommendations;
- Multi-tasking while paying attention to detail accuracy;
- Preparing complex financial reports and statements;
- Using computer and financial software systems;
- Using office equipment such as phones, printers, and calculators;
- Using a personal computer and related software applications including keeping financial systems in balance/reconciled;
- Establishing and maintaining effective interpersonal relationships with County and other officials, at all organizational levels and with the public; and
- Communication, both oral and written, sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give or receive work direction
Contact Person: Judy White
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://yakimacounty.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/YakimaCountyWA/job/Yakima-County-Courthouse/Accountant_R371
Base Pay: $25.64 per hour