Employer: The City of Everett
SCADA/TELEMETRY TECHNICIAN I
$6213-7554/month plus benefits
The City of Everett is accepting applications on an open/competitive basis for the Civil Service examination process for SCADA/TELEMETRY TECHNICIAN I.
Located 25 miles north of Seattle and nestled between Port Gardner Bay and the Snohomish River, Everett is the largest city in Snohomish County, Washington. With a diverse community of more than 110,000 people, Everett is home to the Boeing Company’s largest manufacturing facility, producing the 747, 767, and the 777 airplanes. Also located in Everett are Paine Field – recently named the "World's Best Regional Airport" by Monocle Magazine, Washington State University’s newest campus, Everett Community College, Providence Regional Medical Center and Naval Station Everett. The Everett Public School District is ranked 8th overall for the state. Our community is experiencing extensive development on our riverfront and waterfront while revitalization projects take place in the downtown core. Everett continues to attract new businesses as well as expansion facilities from employers such as Amazon and FedEx.
The City of Everett is the center of a dynamic and thriving district with something for everyone. The historic downtown is home to a vibrant arts, culture, and music scene, innovative dining, pubs, breweries, and much more. The recreation opportunities are endless and include skiing, hiking, biking, and kite boarding, with the Cascade Mountains to the east and the bay to the west. The City’s Parks and Community Services Department maintain a large network of parks and offers classes and excursions on a year-round basis. Angel of the Winds Arena has a community ice rink, and is home to the Everett Silvertips Hockey Club, and Everett Memorial Stadium is home to the Everett AquaSox minor-league baseball team. Check out our city website for more information.
This is an exciting chapter in Everett’s story, and you can be a part of it!
This is work involving the design, implementation, programming, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and telemetry systems for the City’s water and wastewater systems.
The work involves responsibilities requiring broad skills related to industrial process equipment and systems. The duties include daily administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of SCADA and telemetry systems; design, setup, and maintenance of automated systems; programming, maintenance, and documentation on all Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Human-Machine Interfaces (HMIs), and system integration; troubleshooting field devices; advising management, engineering, and system operators of the control system status, needs and requirements; assisting in the development and implementation of the preventative maintenance program; maintaining computerized databases and other associated records; evaluating and ordering materials and parts; and performing related technical maintenance tasks. An employee in this class may lead specific tasks or projects or may direct or coordinate the work activities of others.
Employees in this class are responsible for assuring the technical correctness of their own work and are expected to exercise considerable discretion in determining proper work methods to address various situations. The work is reviewed by a supervisor for results obtained, changes in work methods, adherence to department policies, quality of work, timeliness in completing projects, and other established performance criteria. An employee in this class may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays, and work shifts may be staggered. Employees in this classification are subject to emergency call-out procedures. Employees in this class may work at multiple work sites.
For a full description of this position, please see the class specification on the City’s website.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Requires two (2) years of progressively responsible experience working with SCADA/HMI systems and progressively responsible maintenance experience in a process industry, preferably water or wastewater treatment, OR demonstration of equivalent vocational coursework or training (e.g., an AA degree or two-year certification of completion in Instrumentation).
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OR CERTIFICATIONS:
• Washington State Water and/or Wastewater or other certification is desirable at entry and required within two (2) years after selection. Examples of sufficient certification levels include: Water or Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator I, Water Distribution Specialist II, Wastewater Collection Specialist II, Water Distribution Manager II.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Application materials may be accessed via http://www.everettwa.gov/careers.
• All applicants are required to complete and submit the following:
o The standard City of Everett Application Form
o The SCADA/Telemetry Technician supplemental questionnaire
• Applications must be submitted through the City’s online application system by 5:00 p.m. on April 17, 2021 to be considered.
• LATE, INCOMPLETE, FAXED, OR EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
• Responses to the supplemental questionnaire will be individually reviewed and evaluated (weighted 20%).
• Top-scoring applicants will be called to an oral panel evaluation (weighted 80%), tentatively scheduled for the end of April.
• All vacancies in this job class will be filled from the ranked Civil Service register established from the examination process for 12 months.
• A passing grade of 70.00 or higher is required on all parts of the screening process for placement on the ranked Civil Service eligible register.
• The examination process is designed to sample and measure the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Applicants claiming veterans’ preference points in accordance with RCW 41.04.010 as amended and meeting eligibility criteria must submit form DD214 or other official military separation documentation that clearly indicates an honorable discharge from military service on or before the date filing closes.
• Extensive background checks will be conducted.
• Hiring offers are contingent upon successful completion of a City-paid medical evaluation and drug screen.
• This job classification is represented by Everett Municipal Employees Local 113, AFSCME.
• New hires begin employment at the first step of the salary range.
Filing Opens: March 17, 2021
Filing Closes: April 17, 2021 Open/Competitive A21010
Location: Everett, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/everettwa/jobs/2992235/scada-telemetry-technician-i?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $6,213 - $7,554 MO