Test Vehicle Technician (Range) (Req. ID 82700) - Merritt Island, Florida
Job Category: Engineering & Information Technology
Location: Merritt Island, Florida
Job Type: Full-time
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to support our vehicle-level range certification tests, as well as ADAS tests and performance tests as needed. The Test Technician will help drive Tesla’s vehicle testing programs by applying previously acquired knowledge of Tesla vehicle systems and diagnostics to prepare, configure and diagnose vehicles in preparation for, and during, testing. The role requires someone highly organized and confident in their ability to manage projects along a very fluid schedule.
This full-time role requires the flexibility of traveling (up to 30%) to various domestic and international destinations and to test vehicles on public roads and Proving Grounds as needed.
· Prepare prototype and production vehicles for testing, including part changes, alignments, vehicle diagnostics and instrumentation installation.
· Diagnose issues that arise during testing by supporting both on & off-site test trips.
· Design and build new instrumentation or test equipment as needed.
· Work with internal and external test labs and proving grounds during test activities.
· Work with engineers, program managers, fellow technicians and test operators to develop their skills and knowledge.
· Document results of testing and communicate issues found to the test owners.
- 1 year or more experience as an Engineering, Service or Manufacturing technician at Tesla.
- 2 year technical/automotive degree preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Tesla vehicle systems - both in terms of operation and diagnostics.
- Excellent attention to detail, and prior experience documenting issues or builds is preferred.
- Some fabrication skills preferred.
- Some exposure to vehicle testing is preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Learn more about Tesla:
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Application Method: Online: https://www.tesla.com/careers/search/job/test-vehicletechnicianrange-82700?source=Indeed?source=Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ