Employer: General Motors
Fuel Cell Build/Test/Calibration Technician
Pontiac Engineering Center GPS - Bldg C
There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us -
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Job Description -
Fuel Cell Build/Test/Calibration Technicians are responsible for supporting preproduction product development testing, test system calibration and hardware assembly/fabrication needs within General Motors and our Fuel Cell Product Development Team, fostering collaborative and innovative approaches required to ensure the highest level of safety and data quality in a dynamic test lab atmosphere. A thorough understanding of fluid, electrical, mechanical, hydrodynamic, and fuel cell systems allows our team to diagnose and correct issues in a developing system, documenting operational changes to account for the new technology
*This is a 1st and 2nd shift opportunity only*
POSITION DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Sets up, calibrates, or assembles equipment for Fuel Cell Systems which interface with high voltage safety systems
- Supports hardware change requests fulfilled requirements, ensuring safety and high data quality
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical, fluid, mechanical, and thermal systems fixing system abnormalities
- Supports build modifications and maintenance to the fuel cell systems providing feedback and continued improvement
- Maintains area workplace organization standards
- Takes part in continuous improvement activities and participate in the problem resolution process
- Participates in cross training initiatives for Lab Operations
- Constantly improves the workspace, administration, and operations environment
- Supports weekend and off-shift support needs as required for continued operations
Additional Job Description
- Associates degree in an Engineering or Technology related field
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Build, testing, or calibration experience
- Working knowledge of computer controlled hardware and instrumentation
- Working knowledge of temperature and pressure sensors, and mass flow control
- Self-reliant problem solver with demonstrated experience exceeding expectations in an electro mechanical work environment
- Ability to multitask in a highly flexible environment and adjust quickly to rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively with engineers and work in a team environment
- Experience reading and following mechanical and electrical assembly documents and schematics
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with early development product assembly and product evolution processes
- Experience with continuous improvement and quality problem resolution processes
- Experience with product assembly documentation and drawing structures
- Electrical/mechanical troubleshooting acumen
- Calibration experience
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Application Method: Online: https://generalmotors.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Careers_GM/job/Pontiac-Engineering-Center-GPS---Bldg-C/Fuel-Cell-Build-Test-Calibration-Technician_JR-000032095?src=JB-11300
Base Pay: DOQ