Employer: The Kraft Heinz Company
Electrical Mechanical Technician - Dover, DE
The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We’re a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. While Kraft Heinz is co-headquartered in Chicago and Pittsburgh, our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
We spark joy around mealtime with our iconic brands, including Kraft, Oscar Mayer, Heinz, Philadelphia, Lunchables, Velveeta, Planters, Maxwell House, Capri Sun, Ore-Ida, Kool-Aid, Jell-O, Primal Kitchen, and Classico, among others.
No matter the brand, we’re united under one vision: To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we’re transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion – and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen – there’s only one thing to do: join our table and let’s make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level – from entry-level intern to senior leader – to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners – to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz – which we apply to every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you're supported to grow and achieve. You’re expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level – and you’ll be rewarded. You’re given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won’t do it alone. You’re supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
Benefits & Compensation Overview:
Full Union benefits after completion of 90 day probation period. Benefits include:
- Union sponsored Medical/Vision/Prescription
- Company paid Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability options
- 13 paid Holidays per year
- Starting wage $30.29, plus shift differentials
- Overtime available for extended shifts and weekend shifts
- Monday thru Friday 5 x 8 schedules, 3 shifts
- Friday thru Sunday 3 x 12 schedules, 2 shifts
Plant & Community Overview:
- 600+ employees includes Union Hourly, Non Union Hourly and Salary
- 55 year history (Plant opened in 1964)
- Primarily dry mix and pack
- Onsite Bakery
- 1,000,000 square feet under roof (27 acres)
- 6 dedicated rail Spurs
- 35 railcar staging positions
- 19500 pallet spaces
- 2 Unions: UFCW and IBT
- Primary Brands: Jell-O, Kool-Aid, Country Time, Stove Top, Shake n Bake, Tang, Crystal Light, Minute, Bakers, Knox, Sure Jel
- Candidate will report to a maintenance / production supervisor and interacts with all maintenance and production personnel, including taking direction from maintenance and/ or production supervisor as assigned.
- Position’s greatest challenge is to assist in improving overall efficiencies thru effective mechanical, electrical and instrumentation troubleshooting and repair.
- Position Holder must possess a positive attitude and be self motivated. He/she must be willing to work in all facets of the mechanical arena and some facets of the electrical and instrumentation arenas so as to upgrade his/her overall skill base.
- Actively participate in an aggressive self-development training program that will be designed to dramatically increase one’s technical proficiencies.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Support all manufacturing areas by repairing, troubleshooting and performing preventative maintenance on all packaging related equipment and systems.
- Proper handling and usage of chemicals.
- Complies with all government regulations pertaining to Occupational Health and Safety,
- Perform all required observations and training timely and as scheduled.
- Support Plant Quality Systems.
- Responsible to follow FSQ requirements such as GMP’s and other daily/job specific duties to support QRMP.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Team Leader.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to wear company authorized safety shoes; regularly required to use company authorized hearing protection. The employee is frequently required to wear company-authorized safety glasses; frequently required to wear gloves. The employee is occasionally required to use a respirator. Hairnets and beard nets are required.
- Performed packaging maintenance work, have comparable experience and/or demonstrate technical abilities. Testing may be used to determine skills.
- Perform regular reviews of machine performance, identifying problems and concerns and recommending and/or implementing technological changes to improve overall performance.
- Basic computer skills such as keyboarding required.
- Possess the ability and willingness to learn and practice new skills at an accelerated pace
- Able to effectively communicate with and coach team members on basic tasks in a professional manner.
- Have a thorough knowledge of maintenance principles and practices and the interpersonal and technical skills necessary to repair mechanical, electrical and instrumentation problems in a positive and professional manner.
- Able to react to machinery breakdowns and equipment problems in a proficient and positive manner.
- Have the ability to effectively communicate with planners and Project engineers to ensure that all packaging projects meet packaging’s technical objectives.
- High School Diploma/GED Required
Location(s): Dover Plant
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Location: Dover, CO
Application Method: Online: https://heinz.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/KraftHeinz_Careers_BC/job/Dover-DE/Electrical-Mechanical-Technician_R-36168?source=KHIndeed
Base Pay: DOQ