Employer: Yakima Chief Hops
Job Title: UX/UI Developer
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Director of Software Engineering
1. Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Computer Science, HCI, Digital Design or related field, and a minimum of five years of professional experience as a Digital Product Design team member, working on web or mobile applications with increasing levels of responsibility.
2 .Planning, conducting and evaluating UX research, and presenting key findings
3 .Implementing and tracking A/B tests in production
4. Advanced user analytics implementation, tracking, and reporting
5. Mobile application development targeting iOS and Android
6. Maintaining global CDN for CSS, images, fonts, and other shared assets such as scripts
7. Working with quantitative and qualitative research, including usability testing, analytics, user interviews, A/B testing, and developing and applying Design Systems
8 .Working with a Design Organization, regularly incorporating feedback, applying, improving, and contributing to the Design System in collaboration with engineering
9 .Understanding of user-centered design methodologies, design thinking processes, usability principles, accessibility, composition, color theory, form, balance, white-space, readability, localization, graphic design trends, mobile-first, and fluid layouts
10. Agile methodology, sprint planning, scoping, decomposition and estimation
11. Demonstrate a powerful sense of customer service, strong work ethic, and positivity, and contribute to the company's mission and vision in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
12. Professional written, verbal, and visual communication skills, strong polish, and attention to detail
14. Online portfolio showcasing original UX/UI design and interactive work for web or mobile
15. Fluency in a graphic design suite for creating UI mockups and graphics assets for the screen
16. Demonstrated mastery of client-side Web Application Design and Development, SPA, Security Hardening, Minification, Design Patterns, Reusable Component Design, Caching, CDN, Responsive Layouts, Performance Tuning, Image Optimization, SEO, Semantic Markup and Fault Tolerance
17. Demonstrated mastery of a client-side JS framework such as Vue, Angular, or React
18. Successful track record developing stable, performant, responsive, and maintainable cross-platform user experiences that strictly adhere to established best practices and conventions
19. Experience gathering requirements, writing technical and end-user documentation, planning and executing tests, monitoring for errors in production, and training and supporting end-users
20 Experience integrating third-party services and solutions via webhook, API, or SDK
21. Experience with a modern VCS such as Git and managing and collaborating on shared codebases
22. Experience with a modern application development IDE such as PhpStorm, Atom, or VS Code
23. Experience with modern tooling and the command line, including package management, obfuscation, minification, bundling, and linting, such as Git Bash, Composer, NPM and Webpack
24. Experience self-managing technical and creative and projects, documenting and presenting strategic plans, estimating scope and cost, and refining and decomposing tasks for estimation
The UX/UI Developer is a hybrid designer/developer focused solely on the client-side of applications, specializing in user experience and dynamic, interactive, responsive web and mobile UI development.
The UX/UI Developer is responsible for client-side web and mobile product research, planning, design, implementation, testing, documentation, evaluation, maintenance, and support for existing and emerging custom and OTS web applications; conducting user research and A/B testing, and analyzing user behavior to propose CX improvements; working in close collaboration with application developers and other groups throughout the organization; serving as a technical resource to support the continuous improvement of the company's global, public and private web applications from the front end.
2. Apply design thinking techniques, user research, iterative design, prototyping, and usability testing to define, design, review, and test interfaces, components, systems, and frameworks
3. Help lead full life cycle of research, planning, development, QA, documentation, and evaluation
4. Help create and automate comprehensive QA test plans for client-side applications
5. Help create and maintain technical and end-user documentation for client-side web and mobile application components, architectures, integrations, and design assets, artifacts, and systems
6. Help create and maintain a Design System, enforce it, and empower others to contribute to it
7. Develop a library of reusable UI components, code libraries, and static assets for use in projects
8. Maintain a focus on delivering high-quality digital experiences without sacrificing stability, performance, responsiveness, maintainability, and scalability
9. Maintain and continually update working knowledge of all relevant technologies, languages, tools, and platforms
10. Ensure compliance with privacy policies, security audits, and certifications
11. Manage staff members in their daily activities and support business projects
12. Remain vigilant in the pursuit of process improvement and identify value-adding efficiencies
13. Maintain sanitary and safe work environment and follow safety requirements.
14. May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
15. Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
16. Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
17. Must adhere to all company policies.
18. Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
19. Follow all SOPs in a given area.
20. Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.
Contact Person: Denisse Gutierrez
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Base Pay: DOQ