Employer: Veolia Water
Operations & Maintenance Technician II
This individual will function as an Operations & Maintenance Technician ensuring that the White River-Lake Tapps Reservoir facility conditions are maintained to meet all client and project goals. Furthermore, this individual will provide operation and maintenance support to the White River Diversion Structure, river flow, fish screen and return, conveyances to Lake, Dike, weir flow and vegetation management. Overseeing the information network is another component of the position.
- Records daily facility operational data, maintains operational logs, prepares written reports calculations, work orders and records, ensuring accuracy. Provides reports on operations activity to the Assistant Superintendent.
- Validates input information for piezometer, daily rounds, and other reports.
- Ensures that each site visitor is briefed about safety and signs-in.
- Participates in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as needed.
- Works as a team to maintain facilities to client’s standards.
- Displays basic computer capabilities and becomes functional with Oracle WAM Systems and features along with other corporate software applications. Prefer knowledge of Microsoft and Google software.
- Vets venders for quotes and purchases of parts, materials and supplies and evaluates equipment status and generates work orders when needed.
- Inspects dikes, piezometers and weirs, for damage due to water, plants, or rodents etc.
- Maintains upkeep of facility grounds, buildings, vehicles, tractors, boats, trailers and associated equipment.
- Follows safety procedures associated with all facility functions.
- Inspect sites for damage, graffiti, broken fences, equipment for wear and tear, or leaks.
- Performs miscellaneous duties and work as required and assigned.
- Oversees contractors work; making sure they are operating safely and that everything is secure when they leave.
- Schedule: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM, Monday-Friday, with variable overtime and on call requirements that could include weekends.
- Pay Range: $25-29 hourly
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ensures enforcement, compliance and adherence to all plant, company safety policies and be part of the safety culture.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and generate computer reports using google sheets, excel and docs programs.
- Must possess a valid Class Driver’s License.
- Good mechanical aptitude and practical experience in an industrial facility.
- Must have the ability to perform considerable walking, climbing, and moderate-to-heavy lifting and carrying.
- Ability to work overtime, shift work or weekends as assigned and flexible to adjust to plant and facility needs.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with all plant personnel, clients, and regulatory agency staff. Being a diplomat is very important.
- Must maintain an acceptable appearance, be honest and trustworthy.
- Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License.
- Electrical background with ability to read blueprint drawings.
- Experience in operation of heavy equipment, to include a Back Hoe, Dozer, Forklift, or Track Hoe equipment.
- Experience in operations of water systems and water reservoir management.
- Working knowledge of fiber optic lines locations and drop connections.
- Understanding of SCADA, PLC, and HMI systems, Wonderware, and GIS Google Earth software.
- Understanding alarm analysis.
- Experience in operation and maintenance of hydraulic power units with understanding of Electro hydraulic pumps controls.
- Basic proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint presentations – Veolia uses G Suite.
- Working knowledge of iPad communications and software updating.
- Working knowledge of Computer Maintenance Management Systems such as Oracle Work Asset Management.
- Working knowledge of instrumentation for flows, levels, gate and valve operation. This involves the following;
- PLC HMI controls
- Blueprint drawings
- SOP development
- Electro hydraulic pumps controls
- Server Administrator / System backups
- Network Security
- Computer Asset management
- Software Asset Management
- SCADA Software Management
- SCADA Computer Software installation
- Trouble shooting and computer repair
- Display proactive development of the best practice to insure facility electronic monitoring.
- Ability to assist in keeping the plant data current in the computerized database through monitoring.
Contact Person: Gerald Smart
Location: 2111 E. Valley Hwy. Sumner, WA. 98390
Application Method: Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Base Pay: $25 - $29 HR