Employer: Mt. Olive Pickle Company, Inc.
Maintenance Engineering Technician - Mount Olive, NC
Mt. Olive Pickle Company, Inc.
Salary: $27 - $30 an hour
Job Type: Full-time
Number of hires for this role: 2 to 4
Full Job Description:
Maintenance Engineering Technician Position Available!
Come join our family…the #1 brand of pickles, peppers, and relishes!
Mt. Olive Pickle Company offers a competitive salary and benefit package and continues to strive to be the Employer of Choice within the community.
All new hires will be eligible for a $300 bonus after satisfactorily completing 90 days of service!
COVID-19 considerations: Please refer to our website at www.mtolivepickles.com for detailed information on Mt. Olive Pickle Company’s Response to COVID-19
We have two openings as a Maintenance Engineering Tech on Night Shift. The ideal candidate will apply technical expertise to assist production, maintenance and engineering with continuous improvements, troubleshooting, repairs, installation, root cause analysis and project implementation. The skill level for this position requires an individual to work independently on complicated equipment and systems with minimal instruction and direction.
- Technical Associates degree or equivalent training or work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in high volume process based manufacturing.
- Strong working knowledge of PLC’s, drives, controls, industrial instrumentation, HMI/OIT’s, vision systems, schematics, P&ID’s, robotic systems, and industrial sensors and machines.
- Industrial electrical and equipment background needed.
- Have a fundamental understanding of software, programming principles and concepts.
- Strong interpersonal skills with strong team working ability required.
- Valid driver’s license needed.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English required.
- Implements and executes maintenance repairs, continuous improvements and project work.
- Provide electrical, mechanical and technical support to ensure safe and effective production
- Troubleshoot, repairs and replaces machinery and equipment based on work request or verbal instructions.
- Assists with troubleshooting and root cause analysis. Perform duties of Maintenance Technicians.
- Diagnoses cause of equipment failure and makes repairs to all equipment plant wide. This includes, but is not limited to, blanchers; rinsers; fillers; briners; cappers; pasteurizers; labelers; tamper banders; case packers; case erectors; wrappers (shrink & stretch); palletizers; de-palletizers; vibrators; cutter/slicers; graders; conveyors; stenciling/coding equipment; flow meters; pumps; soap & oil lubricators; dock doors and levelers.
- Replaces Motors, Pumps, Drives, PLC’s, Instrumentation, Valves, Electrical switches, Wiring and conduit, Starter contacts (heaters), and other components
- Using Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), receive work orders, identify faulty equipment, and acquire parts and equipment to complete repairs.
- Generates, modifies and interprets programs to support engineering and maintenance initiatives and projects.
- Develops and generates proper documentation for all facets of work duties.
- Assists with various engineering and maintenance projects as requested.
- Maintains appropriate computerized and paper files on pertinent information
- Maintains communication between Maintenance, Engineering and other departments
- Maintain area of operation in a safe and sanitary manner. Determines that established safety rules, Company policy and good housekeeping are followed
- Uses knowledge of equipment capability, application techniques, and design limitations in performing job tasks
- Operates own or company vehicle in performance of some job tasks.
- Participates in training, employee meetings, committees, project teams, etc. as needed
- Receives written and verbal instructions on the above job tasks and performs other duties as directed by Supervisor.
Mt. Olive Pickle Co., Inc. is an Affirmative Action /Equal Employment Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Night shift
- Associate (Preferred)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Location: Mount Olive, NC
Application Method: Online: https://www.mtolivepickles.com/contact-us/job-opportunities-mt-olive-pickle/?_page=4
Base Pay: DOQ