Employer: Seattle Mariners
Job Title: Concessions Maintenance Specialist
Department: Ballpark Operations
Reports To: Manager and Director of Facilities
Status: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-exempt
Responsible for performing preventative maintenance, general repairs, and replacement of food service facilities and equipment and assets as assigned.
• Perform preventative maintenance, general repairs, and replacement of facility equipment and assets as needed. Activities will include but not be limited to: fixture replacement/repair, basic welding, basic refrigeration, basic operation of commercial gas and electric cooking appliances, basic carpentry, flooring and wall finish corrections, lock and door maintenance, vehicle and cart maintenance.
• Safely operate equipment needed to complete tasks including forklifts, carts, and power tools.
• Install, maintain, and remove food service event items including but not limited to banners, signage specialty food stations and displays.
• Hang and install office equipment as needed.
• Work with and assist licensed trade professionals when needed.
• Provide onsite event/game maintenance support.
• Will perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Approved accredited post-secondary vocational or technical diploma preferred.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
• Ability to obtain Washington State Food Handler’s card within 60 days of being hired
• Ability to obtain ServSafe certification within six months of being hired
• Ability to understand and learn food service facility specific maintenance and operations.
• Knowledge of and ability to use common tools and equipment typically used in commercial maintenance work.
• Knowledge of mechanical fasteners and closures used in all applications of commercial facility.
• Ability to perform basic to midlevel computer tasks including: basic spreadsheets, online CMMS, inventory and asset tracking.
• Knowledge of the operations of large multi-purpose sports facility or large public building preferred
• Shares and expresses thoughts in a clear and effective manner through verbal and written communication skills. Exhibits effective listening skills and builds positive relationships with all team members, vendors, and guests. Is diplomatic, tactful and professional in all forms of communication.
• Understands and supports the team and is quick to volunteer to assist others. Others view most interactions as being positive with a willingness to achieve common goals. Effective in working with others to cooperatively solve problems. Workplace behavior is consistently respectful of others.
• Takes personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represents the organization.
• Demonstrates through their actions and interactions with others a commitment to Mariner Purpose, Mission and Values.
• Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Completes work assignments thoroughly and completely in an accurate, and prompt. Identifies and corrects errors. Is careful, alert and accurate, paying attention to details of the
• Makes decisions and takes actions that contribute to exceptional experiences for guests.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to lift 50lbs. and be able to remain on feet for extended amount of time.
• Ability to climb stairs, ladders and scaffolding, and work at heights above 30 feet with proper PPE.
• Will perform tasks requiring bending, stopping, kneeling, and walking significant distances.
Qualified and Interested Applicants can apply through the following link:
Concessions Maintenance Specialist
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Online: https://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/mariners/job/oahOefwd?__jvst=Employee&__jvsd=sbadmiwH&__jvsc=Url&bid=nCZGeTwT
Base Pay: DOQ