We are looking for an HVAC Technician to work at Eastern State Hospital, Lakeland Village, and Consolidated Support Services in Medical Lake, Washington. Work without the overhead and the need to find repair jobs!
In this role, you will perform journey-level work in the diagnosis, testing, repair, installation, and maintenance of HVAC, steam distribution systems, and gas-fired equipment. You will also maintain the building automation system for building energy management.
Some of what you will do:
• Operate, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain steam distribution systems and flow control components
• Install, maintain and repair piping, valves, pumps, and switches for chilled water, steam, and heating hot water systems
• Analyze and maintain control systems that include electrical, electronic temperature, pneumatic sensors, and actuators
• Fabricate and install mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, and electronic temperature pressure and humidity controls for HVAC systems
• Modify and interpret blueprints
• Monitor and adjust environmental conditions in buildings using computerized facilities management system (e.g. Direct Digital Control, pneumatic, and electric operating systems)
• Install, program, and commission DDC systems and sequences using desktop and laptop
• Install, maintain, diagnose, and repair air handlers, air flow dampers, sheaves, pulleys, and bearings
• Install, troubleshoot, and repair gas-fired heating equipment such as steam and hot water boilers, unit heaters, and gas-fired commercial laundry equipment in excess of 500,000 BTU/hour
• Operate and maintain fluid and electronic testing and measuring instruments
Who should apply?
Journey-level standing as a refrigeration mechanic, steamfitter, or HVAC technician as attested by: Completion of a recognized apprenticeship in HVAC, refrigeration, or steamfitter trades.
Full journey-level status in Plumbers and Pipefitters Union.
Five years of applicable experience in the HVAC, refrigeration, or steamfitter trades or a combination of the two. (Vocational or trade school training as an HVAC, steamfitter, or refrigeration mechanic will substitute, year for year, for work experience up to a maximum of two years.)
As well as:
• An active EL06A license
• EPA/CFC certification card
• Mechanics 2 gas license (or ability to obtain these within one year of employment)
• Computer skills.
• Knowledge of hazards and safety practices of the HVAC trade.
• Ability to comprehend, interpret and update blueprints.
• Use of arc and gas welding equipment.
Contact Person: Adam S
Location: Medical Lake, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $4,398.00 - $5,229.00 Monthly