Employer: RP Development
Diesel Mechanic Shop Manager – Kennewick, WA
Ready for Change? Ready to have your trade noticed? RP Development, a prime company in infrastructure is looking for a leader to join our team. We have a state-of-the-art mechanics shop, tools, heated floors, giant bays, and a full bay truck wash.
Residents enjoy the Tri-Cities' unique local flavor, excellent school system, virtually non-existent traffic congestion, low crime rate, annual precipitation of less than seven inches, diverse outdoor recreation opportunities, limitless regional attractions and affordable cost of living.
• Wage: $26.00 - $37.00 Dependent on Experience.
• Negotiable Relocation Expenditures – per 6-month contract to hire agreement.
• $250.00 Sign on Bonus after 30-day vetting.
• Insurance paid to 75% for Employee after company eligibility.
• Typically, a non-weekend, 7: 00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. winter schedule.
• Typically, a non-weekend, 6:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. summer schedule.
• Company Gas Card, Company Credit Card, Company Truck.
• Various company benefits and discounts.
• 40 hours paid vacation after 1 year employment.
Nature of Position:
• Ability to communicate effectively with General Manager and Superintendent.
• Ability to understand, delegate and carry out written instructions.
• Ability to maintain and place orders, receive shipments, control returns, complete filing, and general control of all invoices for shop.
• Ability to understand posted work rules, procedures, and safety precautions.
• Strong ability to prioritize jobs and workflow of shop.
• Working knowledge of modern methods, tools and equipment of the diesel and automotive mechanical trade.
• Use of manuals, and computerized diagnostic equipment.
• Working knowledge of the operation and mechanics of all diesel and gasoline internal combustion engines.
• Strong Ability to locate and correct defects in diesel and other fleet equipment.
• Ability to lead, report on time and maintain a reliable attendance record to assure efficient and effective performance of job duties.
• Any combination of education and experience will be considered over 4 years including apprenticeships, certificates, or training.
• Any specialized training is helpful in automotive or master medium/heavy duty.
• Valid Washington State Commercial Driver’s License, Class A or B air brake restrictions removed, preferred.
• Knowledge of rebuilds overhauls, pumps, and transmissions favorable.
• Familiarity with welding, fabrication and repair favorable.
• Longevity of past employment favorable.
• Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation Physical and Substance Abuse test prior to employment.
• Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States prior to employment.
• Must submit to a Washington State pre-employment background check prior to employment.
Physical and Active Requirements:
• Work is primarily indoors; continuous work with both hands on fleet equipment.
• Ability to stand for long periods, squat, bend, twist, kneel, reach, work in awkward positions and cramped quarters.
• Able to lift 60 lbs repeatedly .
• Must have adequate use of speech, hearing, and smell.
• Must have corrective lenses for any vision defects.
We look forward to discussing this new opportunity with you!
Please forward your resume to:
Contact Person: Ann Rouse
Location: Kennewick, WA
Application Method: Email: email@example.com
Base Pay: DOQ