Employer: International Paper
Performs maintenance functions making repairs in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic breakdowns under minimal guidance of the maintenance supervisor.
• Plans, obtains cost estimates and executes projects under guidance of the maintenance supervisor.
• Troubleshoot and perform maintenance duties such as mechanical and electrical repairs.
• Provide training in areas of expertise or knowledge.
• Respond to work orders submitted by employees.
• Assist supervisor in ordering parts.
• Assist supervisor in developing and implementing a preventative maintenance program.
• Participate and execute actions from the quality improvement program.
• Support installation of new equipment and facilities improvements.
• Work safely by observing safety rules, policies, and procedures. Identify unsafe conditions or actions to my supervisor.
• Maintain compliance with company quality systems and support audits.
• Basic design and fabrication of repairs and process improvements.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
• Experience/knowledge in the following areas: Electrical circuit troubleshooting, PLC, Electronics, ARC flash, plumbing, steam and boiler, pneumatics, confined space, mobile equipment, Mig and Tig welding
• Ability to adapt to change
• Ability to problem solve and prioritize work
• Ability to bend, squat and kneel, and climb frequently
• Ability to stand for periods of a minimum of 3 hours
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Ability to work varied hours/days
• Ability to lift average weighted materials, 50 lbs up to 70 lbs occasionally
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints mechanical and electrical schematics, piping diagrams, in orthographic, isometric, and sketch-views
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Mechanical Journeyman or Technical/Vocation Certificate preferred
• 5+ years of related exp working in a production environment preferred
Contact Person: Jerome Gervais
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Base Pay: 29.79 HR