Employer: Lamb Weston
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for promoting maintenance safety and overseeing maintenance activities under the direction of the Engineering Manager and Maintenance Manager.
- Partner with plant maintenance and production leadership to develop preventative maintenance plans to reduce equipment downtime and optimize labor utilization.
- Work with team members to create emergency maintenance solutions for the facility.
- Provide technical and problem solving support for the plant operations and maintenance crews.
- Support and execute plant specific maintenance strategies to achieve the plant’s key performance goals for overall maintenance performance.
- Assure production schedules are met and all issues are resolved and communicated in a timely fashion.
- Inspect operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational and safety standards.
- Review production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities. Responsible for setting up and training of mechanics.
- Direct, administer, and coordinate plant safety policy to maintenance crews.
- Follow all plant safety policies and procedures.
- Be actively involved in safety, participate in safety programs, engaged in safety activities, perform risk assessments and demonstrate ownership as well as leadership in personal safety and the safety of other team members.
- Responsible for the elimination of all causes of failure and ensure full useful life of equipment in coordination with daily maintenance completed by operating personnel.
- Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation to ensure continuous production operations.
- Operates within prescribed maintenance and stores budgets.
Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Supervise hourly maintenance associates in their roles and responsibilities to meet plant objectives in safety, quality, cost, and customer service.
- Provide technical support for efficient troubleshooting/problem solving activities and maintenance repair to maximize efficiencies and limit downtime.
- Continuously apply sound mechanical solutions to drive continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership in implementing / maintaining preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Ensure appropriate inventory levels for standard replacement parts are maintained. Ensure good manufacturing practices (GMP) are adhered to and a professional appearance is maintained.
- Perform follow-up analysis to identify and resolve recurring downtime / inefficient operational issues. Ensure environmental compliance.
- Drive employee engagement, training, and development to maximize manufacturing, quality, safety, and productivity goal attainment. Effectively communicate results and action plans to appropriate employees and managers.
- Collaborate directly with human resources to insure employee issues or concerns are correctly addressed and resolved.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player, be organized, and plan ahead.
5-7 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
3-5 years supervisory and/or management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial Management, Manufacturing, Production Operations Management or equivalent field of study
- Effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing.
- Ability to understand instructions and follow directions in English.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to be on call and respond to problems within assigned scope.
- Experience in industrial maintenance programs and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb steps and ladders.
- 2 years’ experience in a potato processing facility or equivalent manufacturing environment preferred
Contact Person: Lauri Chandler
Location: Quincy, WA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOQ