Employer: Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is growing rapidly, and we are looking for a Data Center Technician to join our expanding Infrastructure Operations team.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a fast paced technology company and a leader in the world of data centers. The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of data center operations. This position involves hardware and network diagnostics followed by physical repair and may include participation in an on-call rotation. All candidates should be willing to work both independently and with a team. Work prioritization, organizational skills, effective communication, and the ability to react quickly are critical to being successful. In addition to hardware and network repair candidates will install equipment, create documentation, innovate solutions, and fix problems within the Data Center Space. This team works in an environment that operates 24/7. utions, and fix complex problems within the Data Center Space
· Travel Expectations: up to 10% between locations
· All physical requirements are expected with reasonable accommodations. Candidates should be able to lift up to 50lbs and or work in elevated locations
Effective May 15, 2017, logical access to the AWS GovCloud region will be restricted to Amazon employees who are U.S. Citizens. (GovCloud may NOT be accessed from outside of the United States)
· 1+ year of Computer Hardware experience.
· 1+ years of Computer Networking experience.
· 1+ years of experience with Linux or other operating systems
· Experience working in a Data Center environment
· Understanding of network design, protocols and troubleshooting.
· Understanding of storage devices.
· Experience managing work and priorities through a ticketing system
· An associates degree or 2+ years of professional or military experience in an IT related field.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Hermiston, OR
Base Pay: DOQ