Employer: Yakima Valley School
DSHS FFA Maintenance Mechanic
Salary: $4,286.00 - $4,855.00 Monthly
Location: Yakima County – Selah, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2021-01327
Closing: 3/3/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Maintenance Mechanic 2
- We're looking for a Maintenance Mechanic to perform journey and sub-journey-level work on the campus of Yakima Valley School. You'll provide vital building repairs and maintenance work in a wide variety of trade fields such as carpentry, plumbing, steam fitting, HVAC, light electrical work, machinist, and mechanical work.
- Yakima Valley School provides clinical programs, therapeutic programs, and respite services, which include medical, nursing, dental, therapeutic, dietary, psychiatric, and recreation. Join our team and Transform Lives.
Some of what you'll do:
- Perform journey-level work in repairs and maintenance of buildings, facilities, and equipment that include fixtures, heating lines, laundry, kitchen equipment, motors, and electrical appliances
- Machinist work fabrications
- Electrical diagnosis and repairs
- Carpentry work to include sheetrock and painting
- Operate hand power tools, ground tools, drill presses, saws, and other shop equipment
- Snow removal, operate bucket loader, snowblower, and snowplow; shovel snow, sand and salt roads and sidewalks
- Move furniture and assemble new equipment
- Operate vehicles and transport materials and supplies
Who should apply?
- People who graduated from high school or have a GED and four years of general work experience in building and equipment maintenance, construction or repair work, or completion of a recognized apprenticeship in a skilled mechanic trade.
- Possession of a valid driver's license is required when operating a state vehicle.
- Knowledge of mechanical practices, methods, materials, tools, equipment, and safety precautions
- Ability to estimate materials and time needed to complete assigned job
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Journey level skills in one or more trade fields
Questions about this opportunity? Please contact DSHS Recruiter by email and reference job number 01327.
To learn more about DSHS, check out our “Strategic Plan eBook” here. (Download PDF reader)
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle
- Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Location: Selah, WA
Application Method: Online and follow the application instructions closely: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/2988175/dshs-ffa-maintenance-mechanic?location=yakima%20county&sort=PostingDate%7CDescending&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $4,286 - $4,855 MO