Employer: Yakima Chief Hops
Quality Coordinator - Yakima, WA
Job Title: Quality Coordinator
Reports to: Quality and Process Improvement Manager
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent required. Associates Degree and/or bachelor’s preferred.
- Minimum of six months related experience with demonstrated aptitude to learn on-the-job.
- Food/Dietary Supplement safety and GMP training preferred, but not required.
- Lean Six-Sigma Yellow Belt Training or ability to achieve it within 6 months. Lean Six-Sigma Green Belt training preferred.
- Excellent mathematical, communication and computer skills, be strongly detail oriented and be able to easily multi-task.
- Should be able to independently initiate, prioritize, and perform or solve work problems and ultimately achieve work objectives and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with co-workers, supervisor and management.
- Demonstrated aptitude for working cross departmentally.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Follow written (Standard Operating Procedures -SOP’s, company memos & emails) and verbal Instructions.
Must have strong knowledge of plant operations and SOPs.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook).
- Must be able to learn ERP systems to perform data entry & print reports.
- Possess a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission, vision, values and environmental policy and quality policy.
- Must have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain desired objectives, and assist others in their contributions.
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for extended periods of time and access stairs and ladders.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat occasionally to frequently.
- Ability to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (in required areas) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift (up to 50 lbs), carry (up to 44 lbs) occasionally to frequently within normal limits.
- Ability to adapt to changing paces and processes quickly.
- Attentive to the task and own surroundings.
This position’s purpose is to ensure quality and food/Dietary Supplement safety standards are understood, implemented and adhered to by operations personnel.
- Work with operations personnel to ensure employees are following procedures outlined in ISO 9001 and ISO 14001; also YCH company GMP and safety policies.
- Work with operations management on employees CER’s and training plans.
- Assist operations managers in investigating and completing PIR’s.
- Work with managers in investigating and completing quality Process Improvement Requests.
- Assist management with teaching and re-enforcing the importance of finished product quality to operations personnel.
- Collect and monitor production data and work with operations to investigate any errors, outliers or missing data.
- Assist operations personnel to ensure testing procedures are accurate and efficient.
- Coordinate with operations spot check equipment maintenance records and schedules are up to date and followed.
- Work with operations personnel to learn plant operations and procedures; complete CER with completed trainings.
- Work with quality team on finished goods sampling procedures and act as liaison when new samples are needed or if non-conforming product exists.
- Assist with GreenChief operations as needed; farmer audits, meetings, etc.
- Perform any employee training seminars that are required.
- Continuously look for ways to improve quality process, efficiency and notify quality team of observations and recommendations.
- Assist management with implementing and maintaining Lean Manufacturing Principles in production areas while ensuring quality procedures are being followed.
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
- Follow safety requirements.
- Handle food/dietary supplement products safely.
- May be asked to participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or Manager’s designee.
- Maintain department quality metrics and sustainability.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=25920&clientkey=D51E9348512510B87E83CE86A406F2E8
Base Pay: DOQ