Employer: International Paper
International Paper Company, a leader in the industrial packaging industry, is seeking applicants for a full-time LME or Journeyman Electrician in Portland, Oregon. The position maintains the day-to-day operational efficiency and safety for all production equipment at the facility.
We offer a competitive hourly rate plus applicable shift differential and overtime. International Paper offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life insurance, and 401(k) savings plans.
Oregon LME, PJ, or General Journeyman Electrician License is required for this position
Key responsibilities of the Electrician position include:
• Maintain production equipment
• Following all safety rules and practices
• Perform preventive maintenance activities such as lubricating, measuring wear, measuring positions, repositioning components; and observing operations, vibrations, and noise levels
• Perform emergency / break down maintenance as necessary to support plant operations
• Accurately use measurement and test equipment
• Perform electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, steam system, and other repairs and installations as needed
• Install wire and conduit for newly installed and existing equipment such as conveyors, programmable controllers, converting and corrugating machinery
• Replace faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and motors, and position sensing devices such as proximity switch timers, scanners and photo electric devices
• Diagnose and repair/replace faulty electronic components such as printed circuit boards
• Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic and hydraulic systems
• Troubleshoot drives, i.e. AC and DC
• Read electrical block diagrams, schematics as well as PLC ladder logic
• Maintain clean and organized work areas, and cleanup work areas as part of completing assigned tasks
• Accurately and completely prepare and maintain maintenance records and other paperwork
• Trouble-shoot and solve problems
• Self-motivated, able to follow through to completion with assigned responsibilities
• Maintain teamwork with other associates
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervision
• Electrical aptitude
• Oregon LME, PJ, or General Journeyman License is required for this position
• Troubleshooting expertise
• Mechanical knowledge and experience
Must be able to pass an Advanced Industrial Skills and Instrumentation/Electrician Knowledge Test during the interview process.
Must be able to work alternative shifts, weekends and overtime as required. Highly-qualified candidates would possess a technical degree or apprenticeship certification and maintenance experience in the manufacturing industry.
Contact Person: Tanja C. Holmes
Location: Portland, OR
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $37.00 per hour