Employer: B&D Foods
Controls and Instrumentation Technician II - Americus, GA
This position is located in Americus GA. Initial training will be in Boise, ID.
Controls and Instrumentation Technician's perform work related to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance, operation, inspection, and testing of a variety of control systems equipment, including but not limited to, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, PLC, computer, variable frequency drive, electro-mechanical, digital, telemetry, and analog components used in production, SCADA, maintenance process control systems; and perform other duties as required.
- Plan, direct and assist in routine and emergency maintenance on analog electrical, electronic, pneumatic equipment, PLC's, VFD's and networks used to collect, process, transmit, receive and record data, and to regulate the operation of the final control elements throughout the plant.
- Troubleshooting, modification, and design of PLC ladder logic and various graphical user interface software for control and monitoring of equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and P&ID's.
- Electrical panel building, conduit installation, and safe operation of various hand and power tools.
- Schedule and oversee periodic inspections, testing, adjustments, calibrations and servicing activities necessary to assure the proper operation of process instrumentation and control systems in the plant operations.
- Communicate with various plant departments in relation to operation and maintenance of electric, electronic and pneumatic control systems and components.
- Ensure that all work is performed in a safe and professional manner according to company policies and procedures.
- Communicate with CNI manager in order to plan, prioritize, and safely and efficiently implement controls systems.
- Able to work overtime and weekend hours required.
- Must able to stand on concrete for up to 12 hours, bend, stoop and able to lift up to 75 pounds.
Good communication skills. Preferably English. Self-Driven. Desire to Learn. Team and Goal Oriented. Understanding of Ladder Logic and PLC and HMI programing. Knowledge of VFD's. Understanding of 4-20ma and 0-10v analog control loops. Single and three phase electrical knowledge. Strong working knowledge of inspecting, testing, calibration, maintenance and repair of process instrumentation and control equipment.
B and D Foods offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including, Health and Dental insurance, 401K savings plan with employer match and profit sharing.
B and D Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we seek to create an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Location: Americus, GA
Application Method: Online: https://banddfoods.applicantpro.com/jobs/1659220.html
Base Pay: DOQ