Parts Technician – Equipment Technician 3 - Union Gap, WA
Salary: $52,776.00 - $61,224.00 Annually
Location: Yakima County - Union Gap, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 21DOT-SCR-50609m
Closing: 3/4/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is the steward of an integrated, multimodal transportation system that helps to ensure people and goods move safely and efficiently throughout the state. In addition to building, maintaining, and operating the state highway system, WSDOT operates the largest ferry system in the nation, manages the world's longest floating bridge, and recently completed the world's widest tunneling project.
WSDOT is currently seeking knowledgeable individuals to fill two Equipment Technician 3 vacancies located in Union Gap WA. In this role, you will serve as a Parts Technician whose main responsibility will be to maintain repair parts inventory responsibilities for the regional equipment replacement parts program. You will interact with internal agency customers as well as work with vendors, order and receive inventory and parts, and manage payments and invoices. Our top candidate will possess excellent communication and extensive knowledge of various types of heavy equipment, machinery, and tools.
What to Expect:
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, the Parts Technician will:
- Follow the established parts purchasing rules and contracts to procure, receive, and store inventory, and issue automotive, light truck, and heavy equipment.
- Maintain replacement parts utilizing the Fleet Equipment Management System (FEMS).
- Draft, receive, and store stock orders; procure, store, and issue bench stock items; and shop utilities.
- Ensure Purchasing Card (P-Card) entries are complete in their entirety prior period close.
- Review invoices by comparing codes and copies to ensure accuracy.
- Generate periodic & recurring physical inventory reports, performs cycle counts and other periodic inventory maintenance and reconciliations to ensure accuracy and accountability; advise & assist outlying area shops on inventory maintenance issues and processes.
- Process un-needed parts and or cores for return to vendors and follows up to ensure credit is received.
- To be considered for this opportunity, the following qualifications are required:
- High school diploma or a GED certificate.
- Three (3) years of journey level parts experience with an automotive, heavy duty and/or industrial commercial vehicle or equipment fleet, or retail / commercial repair parts business.
- Ability to move and transport objects weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to analyze data and make economical reliable recommendations.
- Demonstrated effectiveness to communicate professionally with diverse audiences.
- Experience working independently to prioritize workload and handle multiple assignments.
- Ability to operate a computer to: process and reconcile the P-card payments (PCMS); store and retrieve data using a fleet equipment management system (Fleet Focus M5); draft memos and letters; create and modify spreadsheets, databases, and reports.
- Exceptional and professional customer service skills in all interactions.
- Experience utilizing computer software, such as MS Excel, Access, and Word.
- A valid driver’s license.
It is preferred that qualified candidates also have:
- Three (3) years of administrative experience with an automotive, heavy duty, or industrial commercial vehicle or equipment fleet or retail / commercial repair parts business.
- Hands-on experience with AssetWorks Fleet Equipment Management System (M5).
- ASE certifications in Automotive or Heavy Equipment disciplines.
- Work-Life Balance – We offer flexible work schedules that allow you time for your life outside of this excellent opportunity.
- Work-Life Balance – We are committed to ensure that our staff experience the reward of public service, while also sustaining a routine that suits each individuals’ lifestyle.
- Paid Leave – In addition to 10 paid holidays, full-time employees earn a minimum 14 paid vacation days per year!
- Plan For Your Future – WSDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of healthcare options. Employees also have their choice of state retirement programs, and much more. Go to State Benefits for more information.
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please include the following with your online application:
- Contact details for a minimum three (3) individuals who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job-related competencies. This information can be entered in the “References” section of the online application; does not require an additional attachment.
Please click the "APPLY" button to proceed. Note that you will be prompted to either sign in or create an account. This step is required in order to submit an application to this opportunity.
WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, as well as people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed Recruiter.
WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit www.uscis.gov
For inquiries about this posting, you may contact the assigned Recruiter, Rachel Giese at GieseR@wsdot.wa.gov. Please be sure to reference 21DOT-SCR-50609m in the subject line.
Agency: State of Washington
Location: Union Gap, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/wsdot/jobs/2990735/parts-technician-equipment-technician-3
Base Pay: $52,776 - $61,224 YR