Procurement & Supply Specialist 2
Salary: $42,420.00 - $56,856.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 21DOT-OR-30111e
Closing: 3/4/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is the steward of an integrated, multimodal transportation system that helps to ensure people and goods move safely and efficiently throughout the state. In addition to building, maintaining, and operating the state highway system, WSDOT operates the largest ferry system in the nation, manages the world's longest floating bridge, and recently completed the world's widest tunneling project.
WSDOT is currently seeking a motivated and organized individual to fill the position of Procurement and Supply Specialist 2. This position will assist the Purchasing Manager in the planning and coordination of the procurement of goods, services, supplies, materials, parts, and equipment for the WSDOT in the Olympic Region (OR). This position serves as the primary contact for payment of vouchers and ensure payment to all vendors that serve the Region. This is an opportunity to use your expertise and gain experience in procurement management for supplies, materials, parts, and equipment. Our top candidate has exceptional communication skills and with the ability to communicate and work with many different departments and groups.
What to Expect:
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, the Procurement & Supply Specialist will:
- Determine appropriate purchasing action through established payment term methodology.
- Coordinate purchasing activities with OR employees.
- Reconcile purchase orders by entering the data into the purchase card management system (PCMS) and other financial management systems.
- Analyze and process PCMS reports involving orders, issues, receipts, and transfers of goods.
- Audit weekly activity transaction reports; generate payment vouchers; review purchasing transactions; and scan purchasing documents into the PCMS.
- Coordinate with vendors according to WSDOT policies and procedures using the authority of Department of Enterprise - Services (DES) state purchasing contracts, and general and specific authorities.
- Receive and distribute incoming freight, process and ship outgoing freight as needed.
- Operate warehouse equipment such as forklift, pallet jack, hand truck, engraver, cable puller and ladder.
To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, procurement, logistics, supply management or closely allied field; OR an Associate of Arts Degree in Purchasing Management, Business Administration, or closely allied field AND two (2) years of full-time purchasing experience; OR two (2) years of experience as a Procurement and Supply Specialist 1.
- Strong background and technical skills in the areas of purchasing, contracts, inventory, and payment processing.
- Effective communication, training, and negotiation skills.
- Experience working with a broad range of customers.
- Knowledge of RCW’s, WAC’s and other regulations related to purchasing.
- Knowledge of business management, purchasing and inventory procedures, and computer programs.
- Experience performing vendor/best-buy searches.
- Experience forecasting changes and plan strategies, determining allocations and directing regional inventory.
- Experience performing accurate counts for inventory control.
- Experience making sourcing decisions based in extensive knowledge of procurement and supply practices.
- A valid driver’s license.
The Olympic Region Headquarters is moving to a new location; therefore, the shop for this position may be in Lacey, WA shortly after hire.
Why WSDOT :
Work-Life Balance – We are committed to ensure that our staff experience the reward of public service, while also sustaining a routine that suits each individuals’ lifestyle. As such, there are a number of flexible schedule options available, including occasional telework for eligible positions.
Paid Leave – In addition to 10 paid holidays, full-time employees earn a minimum 14 paid vacation days per year!
Plan For Your Future – WSDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of healthcare options. Employees also have their choice of state retirement programs, and much more. Go to State Benefits for more information.
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please include the following with your online application:
- An attached Resume outlining (in reverse chronological order) your experience to date.
- Contact details for a minimum three (3) individuals who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job-related competencies. This information can be entered in the “References” section of the online application; does not require an additional attachment.
Please click the "APPLY" button to proceed. Note that you will be prompted to either sign in or create an account. This step is required in order to submit an application to this opportunity.
WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, as well as people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed Recruiter.
WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit www.uscis.gov
For inquiries about this posting, you may contact the assigned Recruiter, Robyn Lovely at LovelyR@wsdot.wa.gov. Please be sure to reference 21DOT-OR-30111e in the subject line.
Agency: State of Washington
Location: Tumwater, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/wsdot/jobs/2990019/procurement-supply-specialist-2
Base Pay: $42,420 - $56,856 YR