Employer: Yakima County Resourse Center
Yakima County Resource Center
Full time, Regular, Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime)
Compensation: $18.19 per hour
Job closes March 1, 2021 at 11:59 pm
This position is responsible for providing administrative and programmatic support for a variety of WSU Extension programs and the Yakima County Horticultural Pest & Disease Control Board. Main responsibilities include interacting with the public and program participants as the primary contact for several Extension programs, creating and sharing program communication and marketing materials (e.g., newsletters, emails, social media, website), managing 4-H program enrollment, maintaining the website, and managing event logistics. The successful applicant should be organized and efficient (not fazed by complex operations with interdependent parts, and able to prioritize appropriately), a dependable team player with excellent customer service and communication skills (written and oral), quick to adapt to new technologies, and a creative problem-solver.
- This position requires successful completion of a keyboarding (typing speed/accuracy) test with a minimum of 40 wpm at time of application. If you meet the minimum qualifications, a testing link will be sent to you via email. You must complete the testing within 48 hours of the job closing date to be considered further.
This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies that occur within 90 days of the closing of this position. (This excludes Yakima County Sheriff's Office and Department of Corrections)
- Trains 4-H volunteers on 4-H enrollment and other program systems.
- Member of the supervisory team working to support 4-H volunteers in their role.
- Assist MG Program Coordinator and volunteers with general office training.
- Provides administrative back up support to the Yakima County Horticultural Pest and Disease Board (YCHPDB) Coordinator including payroll, accounts payable/receivable, ordering supplies and equipment, etc.
- Facilitates and relays communications between the YCHPDB Coordinator and the Advisory Board, between YCHPDB and other County/State Agencies, and between YCHPDB coordinators and clientele.
- Designs, provides graphics and layouts, edits and distributes outreach materials for the YCHPDB that may be in the form of newsletters, fact sheets, websites, and social media.
- Coordinates the execution of project tasks, completion of reports and documents, documents field location of YCHPDB Coordinator.
- Provide customer service via telephone, email, social media message, and in person for the WSU Extension Program Support. Answers questions, provides resources, and directs customers to appropriate programs for assistance.
The majority of program support for the WSU Extension Program Support is provided to 4-H Youth Development, including:
- Prepare monthly newsletters by gathering information, writing, editing, designing graphics, and distributing.
- Manage social media communication and marketing by curating content, writing creative engaging posts, designing graphics, and managing Facebook events.
- Work with 4-H volunteers to ensure completion of application forms and enrollment, and tracking volunteer training progress.
- Monitors program compliance by alerting 4-H educators to delinquent forms or reports from volunteers.
- Work with 4-H families to ensure completion of event forms and enrollment.
- Maintain 4-H Online enrollment database and provides system training and support to 4-H volunteers and 4-H educators.
- Coordinate and support 4-H events (see Logistics Coordination section).
- Track 4-H funding accounts and manage records (see Record Keeping section).
- As needed, provide program support (see Logistics Coordination section) to other WSU Extension outreach programs in livestock production, pest management, and human health and nutrition.
- Maintains the websites for WSU Yakima County Extension and the YCHPDB; ensures compliance to County and WSU webpage design guidelines.
- Maintains online calendar of events.
- Uses event and job posts to market WSU Extension programs in accordance with State and County guidelines.
- Coordinates event and meeting logistics for programs. Secures venue, vendors and coordinates marketing, registration, creation and distribution of handouts.
- Determines and arranges meeting room and technology needed for multiple internal and external partners. Manages schedules according to program needs.
- Track collection of 4-H enrollment fees.
- Performs inventory and maintains adequate supply of 4-H project supplies, educational materials, awards and promotional material. Sources and orders program supplies. Maintains precise records of all 4-H judged competitive events, shows or fairs of 4-H youth (Yakima County and partnering Counties) during the 4-H calendar year.
- Determines youth qualifying for 4-H State Fair competition based on collected data from multiple events throughout the 4-H year, and coordinates necessary forms and correspondence to 4-H members. Reviews paperwork to ensure compliance and entry deadlines with program guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Functions as Interim Office Coordinator as needed.
- Determines appropriate vendor’s websites to download monthly statements and obtain appropriate signatures needed to reconcile paperwork; processes and compiles accounts payables, input into proper computer program, runs edit list for proper authority signature.
- Processes and distributes mail.
Education and Experience:
- High Scholl Diploma or GED plus 3 years of administrative or clerical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides knowledge, skills and abilities sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- This position requires successful completion of a keyboarding (typing speed/accuracy) test with a minimum of 40 wpm at time of application. A link will be sent to you after application is received. You must complete the testing within 48 hours of the job closing date to be considered further.
- Valid WA State Driver’s License and proof of insurance, if requested.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Work experience utilizing Microsoft software programs (Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
- Experience with social media platforms (e.g. Facebook and Instagram).
- Experience with creating written communication (e.g. engaging and clear letters, emails, news articles, social media posts) and strong grammar skills.
- Bilingual/Bi-literate in Spanish and English.
- Work experience or knowledge of youth development, agriculture, science, and food/nutrition.
Knowledge and Skills -
- Knowledge of purchasing and financial programs (P-Card). Knowledge of filing systems, databases and criteria for deleting, purging, and verifying records. Knowledge of basic math and cash control procedure to safely and accurately track money collected.
- Grammar, spelling and punctuation; file maintenance; computer usage with MS Office software and web design; customer service techniques; phone etiquette; scheduling; inventory and ordering supplies.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite; use of common office equipment; skills in social media communication and marketing; skills in dealing with the public and how to resolve problems; phone skills; ability to organize and multi-task; ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships at all organizational levels as well as with the public; ability to work as a member of a team and ability to work without much supervision; ability to pay attention to detail and accuracy; ability to communicate/understand information and/or ideas effectively to/from a wide variety of people either orally or in writing; ability to keep confidentiality; ability to work in an environment with constant interruptions; ability to effectively prioritize and re-prioritize as needed.
- Sitting, Kneeling, Carrying, Fingering, handling, Talking, Hearing, Visual Acuity, May be required to work at alternate work locations and outside of standard business hours.
- Sedentary Work: exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Computer, multi-line phone system, scanner, printers, copiers; multiple online programs; facsimile machine, laminator, hand-truck, passenger vehicle.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://yakimacounty.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/YakimaCountyWA/job/Yakima-County-Resource-Center/Program-Specialist_R294
Base Pay: $18.19 HR