Employer: McClarin Plastics
Tooler-Welder - job post
McClarin Plastics - Wapato, WA
Number of hires for this role: 2 to 4
Qualifications: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description:
McClarin Plastics, LLC is an industry-leading manufacturer of fiber-reinforced composite parts. We are a national provider with 3 facilities who is looking for new members to join our team in Wapato, Washington. We have a current opening for a Tooler-Welder who will work with our engineering team to develop finished tools, meeting customer specs, for our production team. An ideal candidate will have metal fabrication or auto body technician experience.
Salary and benefits are competitive in our industry.
Responsible for building and repairing trim and assembly fixtures. Required to lay out of prototype and first article parts in compliance with engineering drawings and customer specifications. Build and repair metal frames for molds and fixtures using creative ideas. Responsible for completing projects within budget.
· Build Trim Fixtures, document labor and materials.
· Fabricate and repair structural mold/tool frames.
· Laminate frames to mold /tool.
· Build Proto-type parts.
· Inspect trim fixtures to identify any non-conformities and document repairs required.
· Perform repairs on trim fixtures to latest revision, in coordination with production managers to schedule revisions in an efficient manner to avoid delays in production schedule and within budgeted time.
· Produce First Articles per engineer drawings and specifications, within the budgeted time.
· Build wood patterns which are dimensionally correct and comply with engineer drawings and blueprints.
· Perform surface repairs and configuration changes on fiberglass molds.
· Sand buff and polish fiberglass molds
· Apply mold release and ready molds for production.
· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School preferred or equivalent job knowledge and experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in general metal fabricating, auto body and/or carpentry.
- Knowledge of tolerances and dimensions.
- Able to read blueprints.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to plan, constructs, alter, repair variety of tools, and trim fixtures to very close tolerances.
- Perform development work – first articles.
- Identify non-conformities.
- Ability to read drawings
- Ability to cut and weld steel tube and plates
- Ability to sand and grind fiberglass parts and molds to dimension
- Ability to laminate fiberglass
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of work areas.
- Ability to interface with production and address their needs.
- Awareness of Quality policies and location of quality manuals.
- Must be able to push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires physical ability to squat, walk, bend and reach.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Working in production environment on a daily basis, exposed to dust, noise and chemicals.
- Must wear personal protection equipment as required.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
Schedule: 10 hour shift
Supplemental Pay: Signing bonus
Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Experience: Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
Contract Length: More than 1 year
Work Location: One location
Typical start time: 5AM
Typical end time: 3PM
Benefit Conditions: vWaiting period may apply
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- , disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.
Location: Wapato, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Construction&l=Yakima%2C%20WA&start=20&advn=93036404872838&vjk=0b87e1fa975fd83d
Base Pay: DOQ