Employer: Kaiser Aluminum
Industrial Maintenance Electrician #508 - Spokane, WA
Position Type: Full-time
To install, repair, adjust, modify, and service all types of electrical/electronic/instrument equipment, communication systems, and meter relay systems.
Tools & Equipment:
Wiring diagrams, drawings, electrical and electronic tools, gauges, rigging and mobile equipment, welding equipment, hand tools, power tools, and related calibration and testing instrumentation, oil can, grease gun, rags, standard weights, brooms, shovels, solvents, soaps, floor scrubber, instructional literature, etc.
Materials Handled: All electrical/electronic/instrument equipment incidental to the craft. Lubricants, greases, scales, and scale parts.
Source of Supervision: Any plant supervisor
Direction Exercised: Works alone and with minimum amount of direct supervision.
1. Installs, adjusts, calibrates, troubleshoots, tests and repairs all electrical, electronic and instrument equipment and systems throughout the plant.
2. Reads and interprets technical manuals, blueprints, schematics, and any other type of technical documentation.
3. Uses rigging and welding equipment incidental to the performance of the craft.
4. Maintains a high standard of housekeeping and observes all safety procedures.
5. Follows good engineering practices to maintain a high level of quality workmanship.
6. Performs related work on high voltage switchgear and distribution systems.
7. Plan detail of working procedure to determine material replacement needs and selects logical approach to "troubleshooting" and repair problems. Answers trouble calls.
8. Make sketches of parts and layouts. Design, and constructs adaptations and conversions of component parts.
9. Lubricates equipment in accordance with standard instructions.
10. Check oil levels with gauges provided on equipment and prepares lubrication reports. Changes oil as necessary.
11. Tears down, replaces, repairs, and reassembles scales.
12. Checks scale periodically and maintains scale accuracy within State prescribed limits.
13. Operates power truck, other mobile equipment, and cranes, in performance of the job.
14. Completes required records, reports, requisitions, and surveys.
15. Fabricates parts as required using machines and hand tools common to the trade.
16. Climbs on buildings, towers, and mill equipment to make inspection, repairs, and installation.
18. Dismantles and rebuilds all major rotating electrical equipment, motors, motor generator sets, etc.
19. Performs safety electrical lockout for all plant personnel.
20. Understands general electrical, electronic and instrument system practices and principles and applies these principles in every day maintenance and repair activities.
21. Assists other maintenance crafts, production employees, salaried employees, contractors/vendors, as needed to perform job assignments.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position
Location: Spokane, WA
Application Method: Online: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=2177007&d=KaiserAluminum&rb=INDEED&r=5000487162406#/
Base Pay: DOQ