Employer: Talen Energy
I&C Journeyman (Instruments)/Journeyman in Training (Instruments) - Colstrip, MT (A)
This is for a Journeyman Level position - Journeyman in Training is a journey-level position with time to learn plant systems only.
This will consist of being able to install, maintain and calibrate all pneumatic and electronic instruments associated with the trade. They must possess a good working knowledge of schematics, logic drawings, location drawings, vendor drawings and manuals and piping and instrument diagrams. Must have the ability to utilize all the test equipment associated with the craft. This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive of job duties, and will include other reasonable work expectations as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Troubleshoot, calibrate and maintain electronic and pneumatic equipment.
2. Utilize all available resources (drawings, manuals) in problem solving.
3. Good knowledge of electronics (solid state).
4. Ability to troubleshoot controls to Printed Circuit Board (PCB) level.
5. Good understanding of test equipment used in the trade.
6. Basic knowledge of computers and programmable logic controllers.
7. Troubleshoot, calibrate and maintain electronic and pneumatic equipment.
8. Utilize all available resources (drawings, manuals) in problem solving.
9. Regular attendance and diligent work habits required
1. High School Diploma/GED
2. Technical School degree or certification in instrumentation field or closely related field, or completed apprenticeship program in the instrumentation field.
License or Certificate Requirements:
1. Valid Drivers’ License
2. Passed or be able to pass the PPL Skilled Trades Testing/EEI MASS testing.
Time Type: Full time
Number of Openings: 1
You will have an opportunity to add attachments to your application. Please use this opportunity to upload your resume, cover letter, and any relevant documents .
Location: Colstrip, MT
Application Method: Online: https://talenenergy.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TalenCareers/job/Colstrip-MT-A/I-C-Journeyman--Instruments--Journeyman-in-Training--Instruments-_R0001752
Base Pay: DOQ