Employer: Kittitas Interactive Management
The primary role of the Resident Coordinator is to provide daily living support to adults with developmental disabilities. This position oversees the client’s support in areas of medications, healthcare, finance, appointments, personal care, nutritional needs, recreational needs, transitioning needs, integration into the community, and behavioral supports. This position is also responsible for managing the staff who work in the home.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide training, assistance, and support to clients in all areas of daily living as outlined in the client’s POC (Plan of Care), ISP (Individual Support Plan), IISP (Individual Instruction and Support Plan), or PBSP (Positive Behavior Support Plan), and therapist approved treatment plan.
- Supervise clients to ensure adequate safety.
- Ensure adequate health care for each client.
- Assist client with daily hygiene as part of POC up to and including brushing teeth, bathing, hair washing, toiletry, etc.
- Implement and evaluate individualized programs for clients.
- Maintain client confidentially.
- Maintain appropriate staff/client relationships.
- Acknowledge the needs, wants, and rights of clients with dignity and respect.
- Transport clients to and from all agency activities.
- Coordinate transportation if Resident Coordinator is unable.
- Accompany clients on outings and activities. (Specifically medical appointments/specialist)
- Complete all forms, reports, and data sheets as required by Kittitas Interactive Management (KIM), Policies and Procedures (P&P) and the administrator.
- Safeguard all company and client property.
- Be aware and abide by all agency policies, procedures, and practices.
- Report promptly instances of injuries, behaviors, abuse, and safety hazards, etc. to the administrator and follow chain of command.
- Maintain an ongoing inventory of client’s personal property.
- Keep all hazardous materials, medications, etc. in the designated locked location.
- Perform other responsibilities as defined by KIM and the administrator.
- Report to work on time.
- Maintain open communication with supervisor (Program Manager and/or Administrator about client needs, wants, concerns, or other that need extra reporting responsibilities (such as calling RCS-911).
- While on duty Resident Coordinator is not allowed to partake of or have any illegal drugs, recreational drugs or alcohol on person or on premises of employment.
- Resident Coordinator must be awake and alert while on duty.
- Oversee the implementation and documentation of medications.
- Resident Coordinator will need to maintain all MARs with medication changes as client’s prescriptions change (adding new medications, decrease of dose, increase of dose, discontinue medications, sliding scale, or other)
- Maintain open communication with Program Manager and report when medications such as OTC (over the counter), Topical (creams), eye drops, and other PRN’s are down to 1-week supply or are soon to expire.
- The ability to acknowledge and re-order medications that are not given on a regular base or medications that are not ordered in client’s regular medication cycle (PRN’s).
- Implement a safe and clean environment in which our clients live by doing households ADLS (i.e., chores, meals, bathing, hygiene, removal of garbage, laundry, etc.)
Assist in resident money management:
- Petty Cash
- Running Balance
- Money Envelopes
- Performing weekly one-on-one meetings with DSPs.
- Monitoring the development of DSP staff.
- In addition to normal staff responsibilities, Resident Coordinators must also have the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and implementation of Individual Program Plans with the Program Manager (i.e., Inventory Updates, POC data changes, IFP data changes, etc).
- Participate in IISP client goal instructions to help client achieve their short-term goals and long-term goals.
- Report and Maintain documentation of staff re-trainings as requested by upper management.
- Assist in the management of fundraising events.
- Participate in community events and programs that help improve the quality of life for the individuals that we support.
- Perform other responsibilities as defined by the administrator.
- Resident Coordinators will cross check all medications with MAR to verify correct accuracy of medication cycles and or new routine, PRN or OTC medications all have correct doses, times, dates and correct client name.
- Oversee medication charting.
- Pick-up monthly medications and review medications for any changes.
- Set-up clients doctor appointments.
- Assist in doctor correspondence and following through with medical changes.
- Communicate with staff of medical changes.
- Able to use the Therap system to help communicate client needs, wants, progress, data collection, and other.
- Check for any side effects.
- Delegate appropriate tasks to staff with guidance and verbal training before sending them out on appointment or task.
- Acknowledge what is delegation, partial delegation, full delegation and what task can and cannot be delegated out.
- Delegate staff and verbally talk through what is expected at medical appointments, instruct (physically show) what to take to appointments, and what to ask for and receive from appointment.
- What to report from appointments if Resident Coordinator is unable to take client to medical appointment or other appointments.
Contact Person: David Naboychik
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $15.50 / hour