Employer: Linde, Inc
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2019 sales of $28 billion (€25 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit www.linde.com.
Linde Gases U.S. is currently seeking an Operations Technician. The technician will be responsible for the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of air separation and bulk gas delivery systems. The systems provide high purity industrial gas for our customers via pipeline and liquid transport. The position will require a strong focus on production and instrumentation. The role will include but is not limited to performing routine maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, calibrations, and installations.
- Startup, operate, and maintain air separation and bulk gas delivery systems, including associated tanks, purifiers, controls, and fill/offload systems. Troubleshoot shutdowns and perform corrective maintenance to allow equipment/plant restarts.
- Coordinate scheduling of planned maintenance and perform some preventative maintenance on system components.
- Operate units to continuously supply products at the appropriate quantities and qualities safely and economically, complying with all environmental regulations and daily customer requirements.
- Monitor process performance and makes appropriate adjustments to remedy deviations and align to the specified norm.
- Read and interpret P&ID's, Electrical Schematics, One Line Diagrams, Equipment Manuals and company procedures
- Perform calibration of analyzers, field instrumentation, and have the ability to troubleshoot control system problems.
- Generate energy control plans, perform lock-out tag-out, correctly and safely permit maintenance work, and oversee contractors as necessary.
- Safely troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all rotating equipment and associated mechanical systems including compressors, pumps, fans, and valves.
- Prepare and execute projects to improve facility availability and reliability.
- This position requires a combination of office work and field work. The technician will support the operation of facilities to ensure they are maintained in a safe, reliable and environmentally friendly manner. The job requires a rotating on-call status. Some overtime, holiday, and afterhours work will be required. Employee must be able to access elevated electrical and mechanical equipment via ladders, scaffolding and man-lifts. Position may also require providing turnaround support within the region.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed to develop working relationships with maintenance and operations personnel in a team environment and customer representatives.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Associates in Applied Sciences Degree or equivalent apprenticeship preferred.
- Strong interest in and experience with electrical and mechanical systems.
- 2 or more years Production Operations experience preferred.
- Proficiency with a variety of I/E hand tools meters, instrument calibration equipment etc.
- Have a working knowledge of computers and typical computer programs (i.e. Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb ladders and steps, lift up to 50 lbs., and work at heights.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Contact Person: Erica Christophe
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: $60,000 and up