Waste Management Technician #21-2027 - Richland, WA
Location State: WA
Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation®
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Our products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
ATI Richland is seeking a Waste Management Technician to join our team. As a Waste Management Technician, this position will report to the Senior Process Leader in EH&S. Employees in this position are responsible for operating a chemical process to render dangerous waste into a waste stream that can be disposed of in a landfill and complete EH&S functions as assigned. ATI Richland commits to satisfy the EHS needs of team members, management, and contractors by utilizing time management, zero tolerance, and positive reinforcement to continuously improve and sustain our EHS culture. Operations will be limited to ATI Richland facility coordinating efforts with best practices and continuous improvement.
As a Waste Management Technician, the key objective is to sustain ATI Richland’s Condensate program to ensure compliance with all state and federal safety regulations and help create a culture that makes environmental, health, and safety a core value. In order to obtain the key objectives, a successful Waste Management Technician will assist in providing structure and feedback focused on EHS and meeting all corporate and internal metrics.
A successful Waste Management Technician is knowledgeable of industrial machinery and equipment, including IME, various hand tools, and instrumentation and controls. In order to become successful and provide immediate impact, it will be important to quickly learn ATI Richlands manufacturing facility as well as processes, assets, and work collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Prepares and labels dangerous waste satellite accumulation area drums with dangerous waste and hazard labels, and marks the accumulation start date on full drums of dangerous waste.
- Transfer waste from the accumulation area to the central accumulation area in preparation for pickup.
- Adds or removes dangerous waste from containers.
- Operates a solvent condensate treatment process and records activities on a log.
- Performs Treatment by Generator (TBG) activities (such as neutralization or evaporation) and records batches in TBG log.
- Perform audits as required such as EHS Inspections, SWTES audits and IBMS surveillance and process audits.
- Maintain, and conduct EH&S related training as required to ensure compliance.
- Utilize Continuous Improvement tools and participate in CI projects and events.
- Peer-to-peer safety observations and various safety trainings; daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually
- Housekeeping duties as assigned including sweeping, organizing, cleaning surfaces, etc.
- Other training as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
*It is ATI's policy to not provide immigration sponsorship for any of the company's positions.
Due to the nature of its operations, including certain federal government contracts, ATI Specialty Alloys & Components must track -- and in some cases limit employment opportunity based on -- citizenship or immigration status. This particular position requires US Citizenship.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected be federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- High school diploma required
- 2 years technical/trade school degree (preferably in instrumentation and controls, electrical, and/or mechanics)
- In lieu of technical/trade degree, 3 year of industrial, manufacturing, or processing work experience will be accepted
- Previous experience working with instrumentation and controls
- Previous experience in the metals industry
- Previous experience operating Industrial Mobile Equipment (IME), especially forklift
- Previous machine operation experience
Key Skills and Abilities
- Basic math skills
- Basic-Intermediate computer skills
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to interact well with employees and agency representatives are essential.
- Must be highly motivated and self-directed.
- Proficient data entry/inventory tracking using a computer data system and paperwork
- Follow work, process, quality, and safety procedures and abide by all workplace policies and ethical standards
- Must demonstrate effective project management, conflict-resolution, analytical and PC-based data management skills, including Microsoft Office Suite of Applications and SharePoint
- Must be deemed medically qualified to perform the functions of the job
- Able to lift 50lbs occasional; 20lbs frequently
- Mostly indoors (75%); some buildings not climate controlled
- Frequently working around heavy industrial machinery and/or equipment
- Noise Exposure mostly low; high 10% of the time
- Working with dangerous waste, hydrochloric acid and caustic soda
- Vibration Exposure is low
- Fumes Exposure is low
- Awkward Body Positions is rare
- Computer work 25% of the time
- Day Shift (Monday-Friday)
- Small amounts of overtime required on a regular basis
What’s in it for you?
- Safety First Culture.
- Your voice matters! – On going Continuous Improvement Training.
- Personalized leadership training.
- Your career is in your hands! Unlimited growth opportunities.
- Medical, Dental, Vision.
- Quarterly Bonus.
Requisition Number: 21-2027
Area of Interest: Environmental Health & Safety
Job Type: Non-exempt
Location: Richland Operations-W18
Location: Richland, WA
Application Method: Online: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?d=ATIMetals&c=1115641#/
Base Pay: DOQ