Employer: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Instrument Systems Specialist
Job ID: 126502BR
Fisher Healthcare offers a broad array of consumables, diagnostic kits and reagents, equipment, instruments, solutions and services for hospitals, clinical laboratories, reference laboratories, physicians’ offices and other clinical testing facilities. These products are manufactured by Thermo Fisher and third parties. The division manages over 22,000 active customer accounts, 80,000 products, 2900 suppliers, 13 distribution centers and 3 customer service locations generating over $1B in revenues.
How will you make an impact?
Candidate will be responsible for selling profitable laboratory equipment within new and existing customer opportunities in a defined territory in Location and includes Acute Care Hospitals and Physician’s Office Laboratories.
What will you do?
- Work collaboratively with Fisher Account Managers and Instrument Manufacturers to develop and close instrumentation opportunities
- Showcase critical Instrument demo skills, objection handling and selling in the carpeted hallways
- Recognize the value and importance of the problem solving and results oriented approach to accomplish sales targets and do this through effective planning and organization in each of the sales territories of responsibility
- Significant field travel required to work with Fisher Account Managers to develop instrument leads and carry the sales cycle forward to close. Responsibilities will also include maintaining an accurate and detailed instrument funnel that will be updated weekly. This funnel will serve as the basis for a monthly forecast that will be sent to the direct manager and local district sales manager. Each month the candidate will be responsible for conducting one on one funnel updates with every account manager. This candidate will be looked upon to lead without authority on a daily basis. Overall, the candidate’s performance will be rated on annual performance to company plan, contributions to the Instrument Sales Specialist team and the number of account managers that achieve the company’s instrument plan.
- How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Business or Science
- Problem solving and results oriented approach, with excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Serve as a coach, leader and motivator to the account management team. Act as a trusted teammate within a talented and experienced group of capital equipment selling specialists.
- A minimum of seven years capital equipment/instrument sales experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Track record of sales over-achievement vs. company goals and territory management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- 60%-70% travel within assigned territory
- Sales Specialist, prior lab and/or prior distribution experience a plus
Location: Helena, MT
Application Method: Online: https://jobs.thermofisher.com/global/en/job/126502BR?codes=INDEED
Base Pay: DOQ