Employer: Calumet Specialty Products Partners
Instrument Electrical Technician
1900 10th St NE, Great Falls, MT 59404, USA Req #648
Calumet Specialty Products partners, L.P. is a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products. Our product lines include both naphthenic and paraffinic oils, aliphatic solvents, synthetic lubricants, asphalt, fuels, white mineral oils, waxes, petroleum and hydrocarbon gels. Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. has one of the most diverse specialty hydrocarbon capabilities in the world.
Want to learn more? Go to www.calumetspecialty.com to learn all about our amazing line of products.
PURPOSE AND ROLE:
The Instrument Electrical Technician will be part of the Great Falls, Montana maintenance team installing and maintaining electrical, instrumentation and analytical equipment and accessories throughout the refinery. Unionshop, (USW) workweek would consist of four-10 hour days, 1 ½ times pay for overtime.
- Maintain and repair electronic and pneumatic instrumentation
- Possess an advanced knowledge of instrumentation math, units, variables, and dimensions of measurement
- Demonstrate knowledge of flow, pressure, temperature, level instrumentation, and control power systems
- Maintain and troubleshoot various types of switches, meters, indicators, temperature sensors, positioners, controllers, control valves, and DCS loops
- Familiar with ABB (Bailey) or similar DCS controls, analytical monitors for CEM (Continuous Stack Emissions)
- Working knowledge of control valves; MOVs
- Remove and repair; install and calibrate various transmitters and hart communication
- Rebuild and repair Smith flow meter and Accuload controllers
- Working knowledge of electrical high, mid and low voltage as well as VFD Motor Control, Soft Start, etc.
- Use test equipment and perform routine calibrations. Maintain various instrumentation loops
- Demonstrate ability to read and interpret P&IDs, loop drawings, and wiring schematics
- Plan and coordinate work following appropriate work orders, work permits, and safety instructions
- Perform work activities in a safe and environmentally sound manner
- Periodic on call required
- Additional duties as assigned
- Able to work in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- High School diploma or GED
- 4 or more years in heavy industrial/manufacturing environment performing instrument technician tasks OR at least 2 years heavy manufacturing instrument experience with technical instrument and/or electrical certification
- 5 years in heavy industrial environment performing instrument technician tasks
- 2 year technical degree and/or certified in all types of instrumentation and DCS systems
- Experience in analyzer equipment
- Knowledge of petrochemical plant environment
- Knowledge of industrial permitting applications (safe work, hot work, etc.)
- Basic computer skills
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Location: Great Falls, MT
Application Method: Online: https://us59.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/calumet/Posting/View/2401?source=indeed
Base Pay: DOQ