Employer: Kwik Lok
Yakima, WA 98903
Salary: $27 - $30 an hour
Kwik Lok has been producing a product that most of us have depended on our entire lives – the clip that closes your produce and loaves of bread to keep it fresh and safe! Kwik Lok is an innovation and engineering organization focused on sustainability. We are in the business of “hacking the package” – innovating clever advantages in packaging to get food to the table faster, fresher, and safer while reducing waste. Kwik Lok is a 3rd generation, family-owned company headquartered in Yakima, WA with 8 offices and 6 plants worldwide. We are a mid-size company delivering our product to almost 100 countries.
Kwik Lok Corporation is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion to increase the success of our employees and customers. Our goal is to create an environment where employees can be curious and express ideas to identify new and better solutions. We engage our employees in our vision for the company and provide them with meaningful work where they can learn, grow, and be part of solutions that improve the lives of our customers and their communities while protecting the health of our planet.
This is a role for an innovator who enjoys designing and improving the electrical components of industrial machines! You will get to create the underlying design of control systems hardware for new equipment and improve the design of existing equipment for both in-house production equipment as well as the equipment Kwik Lok builds for our global customers. You'll manage projects from concept and planning phases through prototype and testing, interfacing with mechanical and automation engineers, purchasing, and assembly technicians. And through it all, you will have opportunities to think creatively to come up with ideas that will improve not only our machine designs but anything that will create a better experience for our customers and their communities!
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS:
- Preparing wiring diagrams, approval drawings, and optimizing panel layout designs
- Programming and testing
- Resolving in-house and in-field problems associated with electrical issues
- Researching, designing, and implementing advanced manufacturing and Internet of things architecture within Kwik Lok plants
- 6 years of experience in instrumentation or industrial automation
- PLC programming and implementation with Siemens, Allen-Bradley, or related
- Advanced user of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Proficiency with single and three-phase motors and motor control systems
- Ability to install and troubleshoot PLC's, AC, and DC drives
- Ability to install electrical gear, equipment, and devices
- Ability to design CAD blueprints, schematics, and manuals for installation
- Knowledge of terminating power, control, and instrumentation wire and cable
- Experience in building, commissioning, or problem-solving electrical controls and instrumentation panels desired
- Self-motivated personality that takes initiative and ownership
- Ability to build relationships with counterparts, giving and receiving positive and constructive feedback
- Associate of Arts or Science degree in a related field preferred
ALL THE DETAILS…
- Salary range: $27-30/hour
- 7 paid holidays, 2 weeks of vacation, and additional sick leave accrual
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, and life insurance plans after a 3-month waiting period
- 401k plan with company match available after 1 year of employment
- Work location: Yakima, Washington
- Setting: Office environment with development lab
- Schedule: 8am-5pm Monday through Friday
Kwik Lok is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We value a diverse workforce and provides equal opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, genetic information, or status as a veteran. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Instrumentation&l=Washington%20state&fromage=7&start=20&vjk=ec22e5def4bd98c2
Base Pay: $27 - $30 HR