Employer: Southcross Energy Partners, LLC
Pipeline Operator I
Responsible for the operations and maintenance of pipelines, compressor stations, and field Dehydration Unit. Basic knowledge of instrumentation and controls in an assigned area consisting of several miles of varying size pipeline. Must have people skills and task prioritizing skills to allow for scheduling and at times directing contract personnel. Must have basic computer skills to use company e-mail, Company issued software & hardware and complete electronic reports. Will be interacting and communicating with producers, customers, vendors, contractors, service companies, regulatory agencies, and the public.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operations and maintenance of pipelines in accordance with Company procedures/policies and DOT regulations.
- Tank gauging and color cut
- Working in and around high H2S
- Able to wear respirator and fit test
- Locate pipelines as needed per Texas 811 one call system.
- Pigging high- and low-pressure gas lines
- Assist in cost control of pipeline operations and maintenance in assigned area of the district.
- Maintain typical pipeline equipment, valves, etc.
- Will be in “on call” rotation.
- Must complete applicable reporting and documentation of key operating parameters.
- Maintain operation of natural gas compressor or compressor stations in assigned area
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-3 years pipeline operations and maintenance experience
- Knowledgeable in operating and maintaining natural gas pipeline and Compressor Station.
- Fundamental knowledge of instrumentation and controls associated with gas pipeline operations
The Pipeline Operator will be required to endure the following physical activities:
- ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, and the like,
- moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces,
- remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods,
- moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another,
- adjusting or moving objects up to 50 pounds in all directions,
- communicating with others to exchange information,
- repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers,
- operating machinery and/or power tools,
- operating motor vehicles or heavy equipment, and
- assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
The Pipeline Operator will be required to endure the following environmental conditions:
- High temperatures,
- Outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind,
- Noisy environments,
- Hazardous conditions, and
- Small and/or enclosed spaces.
Location: Dilley, TX
Application Method: Online: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/448972/Southcross-Energy-Partners-LLC/Pipeline-Operator-I
Base Pay: DOQ