Employer: Coca-Cola North America
Maintenance Tech III – Instrumentation & Controls
Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It’s an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company’s flagship market. We’re accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do – whether we’re innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we’re collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we’re returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people – with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace – are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Diagnose problems when machinery malfunctions, conduct electrical repairs (i.e., wiring, sensors), and complete Work Orders and PM’s, Monitor production equipment - recommend improvements. Maintain all the Process Control systems, calibrate all critical control equipment and documents finding, evaluate PLC equipment, program and integrate the PLC systems. Program and integrate the Automation systems set up and implement preventive maintenance procedure for process control systems (PLC), Identify areas to be improved in the process systems makes recommendations and implement approved changes.
Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities
- Layout electrical jobs and projects.
- Specify and order correct parts for electrical jobs and projects.
- Direct outside contractors on the installation of electric jobs and projects.
- Follow all applicable codes and ordinances.
- Calibrating and maintaining all pneumatic and electronic instrumentation.
- Troubleshoot and maintenance of programmable controllers.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Program all types of process logic controllers.
- Maintain and update programs and all process flow prints.
- Maintain inventory of electronic replacement parts.
- Troubleshoot and repair AC frequency controlled drives.
- Have an in-depth working knowledge of PLC control equipment, including but not limited to Allen Bradly, Siemens, and/or Control Logix.
- Work collaboratively with Quality and Production Departments to resolve issues.
- Assist supervision in ensuring that employees are complying with all job duties, PPE, GMP and safety policies.
- Comply with all plant PPE, GMP and safety policies.
- Enforce safety practices and policies
- Ability to understand, record, and communicate system problems and solutions.
- Demonstrate good attendance.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to be on call and if necessary, return to work on off times outside of normal shift hours to resolve problems or concerns related to production and systems.
- Move and lift material weighing 50 pounds to distances of 10 feet or more.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time in temperature extremes on a daily basis.
- Any other duties as assigned to ensure the effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of products, processes and work environment.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Meet all basic plant employment criteria, to include a good attendance record.
- 2 years PLC experience required, 3 – 5 years manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to troubleshoot maintenance-related problems
- Ability to work on multiple levels, such as catwalks, ladders, etc. and ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools
- Ability to read diagrams and schematics.
- Ability to visually identify defective parts
- Ability to hear machine operations sounds to detect defective parts, machine failures, and changes in speed and other routine running conditions
- Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to work efficiently under stressful situations
- Ability to work 8-hour, 10-hour or 12-hour shift or required necessary hours to meet the business requirements. This may include overtime and weekend work as necessary
- Must be able to use a computer and associated software programs
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Service and Cost objectives.
- Ability to read equipment operations manuals.
- Ability to visually identify and recognize material and product and defects.
- Ability to participate in job development training (i.e. trouble-shooting, etc.)
- Ability to work in a team environment.
JOB LOCATION AND WORK CONDITIONS:
Work is performed in high-speed bottling and production environment. Work requires exposure to all temperature changes, high noise levels, working around moving equipment, tanks, heights, wet conditions, fumes, vibrations, dust, etc. Working hours must be flexible with the ability to work all shifts and extended hours as required.
Personal protective equipment. MSDS sheets. Hoist, hand cart, hand tools, measuring instruments, equipment operations manuals. Safety glasses, hearing protection. Forklift.
- Train new associates
- Participate on Continuous Improvement Team
- Travel to vendor and other locations
- Delivering presentations
- Operate FAX machine
- Operate copier machine
- Order supplies
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Location: Waco, TX
Application Method: Online: https://careers.coca-colacompany.com/ShowJob/Id/23997/Maintenance%20Tech%20III%20%e2%80%93%20Instrumentation%20%20%20Controls?prefilters=none&CloudSearchLocation=none&CloudSearchValue=none
Base Pay: DOQ