Pipeline Tech I-00024593:
Occidental is an international energy company with operations in the United States, Middle East, Latin America and Africa. We are the largest onshore oil producer in the U.S., including in the Permian Basin, and a leading offshore producer in the Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon dioxide management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit Oxy.com for more information.
Occidental strives to attract and retain talented employees by investing in their professional development and providing rewarding opportunities for personal growth. Our goal is to meet the highest employer standards by ensuring the health and safety of our employees, protecting the environment and positively impacting our communities where we do business.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Pipeline Technician I within our Permian EOR group in Sundown, TX.
Under minimal supervision, the Pipeline Technician will be responsible for:
• Daily operations, maintenance, reporting, and surveillance of DOT regulated Transmission Carbon Dioxide pipelines
• Indirect oversight of contractor activity performing covered tasks within the facility
• Prepare thorough job plans, isolation plans, and energy control plans for complex maintenance and construction operations performed during plant turnarounds
• Response to “One-Call” notifications, mark pipelines, participate in job-walks, etc. as needed
• Read, calibrate, troubleshoot, and maintain gas & liquid measurement equipment
• Use technical knowledge in facilities data control, metering (volumetric and mass measurement) equipment
• Understanding of DOT, NEC, OSHA compliance regulations and API / ASTM Standards
• Utilize technical knowledge in the electrical, communications, instrumentation control field
• Operation of both portable and stationary gas analyzing instrumentation
• Initiate and follow through on the MOC or “Management of Change” process by completing forms, seeking concurrence, cooperating with the PSM/DOT Coordinator, Engineer, and Plant/Operations Team Leaders as needed to safely execute changes in DOT Pipelines and Facilities
• Use computers to operate SCADA systems and utilize CMMS (Maximo)
• High School Diploma or GED
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline preferred
• 1+ years of directly applicable experience with little or no supervision
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Strong personal commitment to a clean and safe work place
• Team player, self-starter, committed to excellence
• Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
• Must have a valid Driver's license and an acceptable driving record
• Willingness to travel and/or commute to multiple job sites
• Willingness to work overtime, weekends, night shifts, and/or rotating shifts as needed
• Certificate of completion from a relevant trade or vocational training center
• Strong technical and/or mechanical aptitude
• DOT Pipeline Operator Qualifications to fit above
• Proficiency in a wide variety of computer applications
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation.
Work Schedule: This position will work Monday - Friday.
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
Job: Production Ops
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Sundown
Other Locations: United States
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Application Method: Online: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590497700
Base Pay: $46,619 to $74,133 YR