Employer: Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC
Process Operator - Dock
Date: Feb 2, 2021
Location: USA: Port Arthur, TX, US, 77640
You may not realize it, but you’ve likely used a product today made possible by the plastics and chemicals manufactured by Chevron Phillips Chemical. From medical supplies and electronics to food packaging and cosmetics, we create the building blocks for more than 70,000 consumer and industrial products.
Even as a global company with 5,000 employees, we maintain a “small company feel” and uphold a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Ask any Chevron Phillips Chemical employee what they like best about their job, and universally, the answer is “the people I work with!” We value work-life balance, and love to see our employees thrive both professionally and personally. There has never been a better time to work for Chevron Phillips Chemical. If you’re ready to grow with us and become part of our vision of being the premier Chemical Company, apply today!
We are currently seeking qualified individuals to join our team as a Process Operator – Docks for the Port Arthur, Texas location. Employees in this position receive directions from the shift supervisor or head operator, and work with other operators in performing routine plant operating duties, including but not limited do the following tasks:
- Monitor, read & record process conditions (in/outdoors).
- Inspect containers for contaminants prior to loading.
- Operate ¾” to 12” valves, controls, and loading arms/hoses to load and unload product into shipment and /or storage containers.
- Make changes to the operating process as necessary to maintain product quality.
- Adjust control instruments, valves or switches to regulate pressure, temperature or flow rate of product; to direct flow of product to other units or to maintain specified levels in tanks and towers.
- Operate control room instrumentation systems and coordinate activities with outside operators.
vMonitor the performance of plant equipment and process conditions.
- Read flow meters, and temperature and pressure gauges.
- Take routine readings on process variables.
- Conduct worksite inspection, testing, and monitoring for and permitting of Safe and Hot Work for CPC maintenance and contract employees.
- Produce, maintain, and comply with all security and environmental requirements and policies of CPC and State and Federal government.
- Promptly respond to process alarms / constraints.
- Perform general maintenance, repair, and cleanup of plant equipment for safe and efficient operation.
- Draw samples of products from the process for laboratory testing. Perform lab testing on some products.
- Understand and follow plant policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot problems to determine resolution within safe operating limits.
- Serve as initial point of contact for Local, State, and Federal authorities in regard to environmental / security incidents.
- Have a high school diploma or GED and a minimum of 3 years dock/wharf/pipeline operator experience.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must be able to successfully pass all phases of pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Requires 12-hour rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays, and overtime. Operating needs of the unit will dictate work schedule.
- Must be able to complete the requirements of the formal operator training program.
- Must follow all plant safety guidelines and policies, which includes the wearing of fire-retardant clothing and other personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ability to climb, bend, lift and perform a wide range of physical activities.
- Ability to work at various heights, entry into confined space, work in various weather conditions and ability to listen and follow instructions.
- This position is safety sensitive and subject to random Drug and Alcohol testing. Applicants will be required to take pre-employment tests.
Chevron Phillips Chemical offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and at most locations, alternate work schedules. To learn more about Chevron Phillips Chemical and to be considered for a position, please visit us online today at www.cpchem.com.
Paper resumes will not be accepted. All job seekers must go to the web site to be considered for positions. If you are interested in applying for this position and need an accommodation to apply, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at 1-800-446-1422 [Call: 1-800-446-1422] , option 4.
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status or marital status.
To all recruitment agencies: We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
Travel Requirements: None
Eligibility for Relocation: No
Closing Date: 02/17/2021
Nearest Major Market: Beaumont
Job Segment: Process Operator, Chemical Research, Equipment Operator, Inspector, Instrumentation, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality
Location: Port Arthur, TX
Application Method: Online: https://jobs.cpchem.com/job/USA-Port-Arthur-Process-Operator-Dock-TX-77640/710390000/?jobPipeline=Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ