Employer: Haley Manufacturing
Install, maintain, and repair as necessary the automated fruit packing equipment manufactured by Haley Manufacturing.
This will involve both domestic and foreign travel.
• Organize the correct electrical circuits with the customers’ electrician prior to equipment arrival.
• Set up the associated electronics including communication wiring.
• Train the customer’s operator and maintenance personnel for proper equipment operation and maintenance procedures.
• Troubleshoot and repair problems on existing equipment.
• Power up the equipment, load necessary software, set power supply outputs, create timing position, and weight sections to correct specifications and function.
• Coordinate efforts with other workers involved with the project to insure success.
• Maintain equipment logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibration data.
• Maintain the inventory of spare parts belonging to the customer.
• Keep all electronic testing equipment clean and in good working order (laptop, oscilloscope, dvm, analyzers, etc).
• Perform scheduled preventive maintenance procedures.
• Maintain inventory of spare parts on the service vehicle, keeping in current and useable condition.
• Return defective components to the parts department with a completed return tag.
• Complete all paperwork related to the job and submit in a timely manner (service order forms, expense forms, time sheets, mileage reports, jobsite reports).
• Inform Service Manager if a customer ever calls you direct and you perform service or remote support.
• Keep company vehicle in correct and safe operational condition (repairs, maintenance, tires/brakes, cleanliness, etc.).
• Report any unsafe working conditions to the Service manager.
• Assist in selling parts, upgrades and equipment that are offered by Haley Manufacturing by reporting possible sales leads to your Supervisor/Manager.
• Repairing and Maintaining Electronic Equipment - Servicing, repairing, calibrating, regulating, fine-tuning, or testing machines, devices, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of electrical or electronic (not mechanical)
• Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material - Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
• Getting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
• Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Interacting With Computers - Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Mechanical Mathematics
• Engineering and Technology
• English Language
• Computers and Electronics
• Repairing Operation Monitoring
• Critical Thinking
• Quality Control Analysis
• Equipment Maintenance
• Manual Dexterity
• Finger Dexterity
• Arm-Hand Steadiness
• Problem Sensitivity
• Near Vision
• Physically able to perform tasks as a service technician which involves standing for long periods of time, climbing stairs and lifting a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Associate’s degree in Electronics Technology or related discipline with emphasis on electronics theory.
• Possess or ability to obtain Passport. (mandatory)
Other degrees in combination with required experience
Fruit and vegetable sorting or packing experience preferred
Should have 2-5 years’ experience as electronics technician maintaining electro-mechanical equipment in manufacturing environment
Knowledge and practical application of modern electronics, including microprocessors, passive
components, and integrated circuits, electronic equipment, computer hardware, and software concepts.
Knowledge of basic test equipment and tools, and their uses.
General knowledge of mathematics with ability to understand and calculate basic formulas. Field Service with territorial responsibility.
Customer interaction and customer service abilities.
Ability to use deductive reasoning and other choices in problem solving. Present a neat and clean appearance in representing our company. Maintain a valid driver’s license.
No legal infractions that deny travel into Canada and other foreign countries. Computer literacy in the operation of various operating systems.
Foreign and domestic (overnight) travel approximately 20%, rest of the travel will be local.
Job Type: Full-time
• How many years of Electronics and Technical service experience do you have?
• Do you have the following license or certification: Valid drivers license?
• Do you have the following license or certification: Valid Passport or can obtain one.?
• Do you speak English?
• Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
Contact Person: Jeremy Briskey
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOQ