Employer: TC Energy
E&I Controls or Measurement Technician
Reference Code: 75481
Location: United States (US) - Grand Chenier, LA
Job Category: Pipeline/Power Operations; Trades/Technical
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
Application Deadline: 02/11/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our USGO South Region Operations team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Louisiana to support our assets in Grand Chenier and the surrounding area.
We are seeking a multiskilled Electrical Instrumentation Controls or Measurement Technician who is proficient in troubleshooting, maintaining, and operating natural gas compressor station control systems and other related facilities.
This individual must be a self-starter and a team player, capable of working with minimal supervision, who possesses excellent interpersonal, problem solving, analytical, and communication skills.
What you’ll do:
- Install, commission, test, repair, and maintain compressor station, meter station, regulating equipment, communication systems, and other facilities related to the pipeline system
- Troubleshoot, operate, and maintain electric driven engines, reciprocating engines and gas compressors, standby generators, pumps, low pressure and steam boilers, oil coolers, air compressors, cooler fans, valves and operators, and other associated electrical equipment used in natural gas compression
- Troubleshoot, operate, maintain, calibrate, and repair various types of electronic, electric, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment
- Maintain power, process controls, programmable logic controllers (PLC), electric generation equipment, microwave multiplex equipment, and orifice meters
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain instrumentation, electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, apparatuses, and fixtures, using hand and power tools
- Perform diagnostic tests, accuracy tests, calibrations, and replacements of various measurement and regulation equipment with test equipment such as a Hart Communicator and Fluke meter
- Compile, prepare and maintain written records related to DOT auditable inspections, accuracy tests, calibrations, odorant tests, equipment change outs, relief valve tests and gas quality analysis such as dewpoint levels, specific gravity and gas samples
- Locate pipelines per Louisiana’s 811 system and perform valve maintenance
- Monitor contractor activity while on-site
- Complete work orders, enter data into job plans, create new work orders, etc. in SAP
- Other tasks as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Electrical, instrumentation, and controls experience in a related industry
- Basic knowledge of engine mechanics
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and related software
- Associates degree to include courses in engine maintenance or electricity/electronics
- Experience maintaining control systems
- Thorough understanding of the test equipment used to maintain control systems
- Experience with PLC’s, pneumatic and electronic valves, transmitters, switches, and regulators
- Ability to interpret technical reference documents
- Experience with various types of gas measurement testing equipment
This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
- Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, to include drug and alcohol testing
- Be subject to call out 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work extended days and/or weeks for emergency response purposes
- Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings, or training which would involve some overnight stays away from home
- Be subject to working conditions which include adverse weather and temperatures and cramped conditions
Driving a motor vehicle is an essential job function of this position. Following a conditional offer of employment, the Company will check the motor vehicle records of any job applicant when driving is an essential job function.
About our business:
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Our 57,900-mile natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America – the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent’s growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 percent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America, heating homes, fueling industries, and generating power. To learn more about field operator and trades roles at TC Energy, please visit https://www.tcenergy.com/about/careers/trades-and-operators/.
Apply to this posting by 02/11/2021 using reference code 75481. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
Nearest Major Market: Lake Charles
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Technician, ERP, Electrical, Temporary, Engineering, Technology, Contract
Location: Grand Chenier, LA
Application Method: Online: https://jobs.tcenergy.com/job/Grand-Chenier-E&I-Controls-or-Measurement-Technician-LA-70643/709273100/
Base Pay: DOQ