Employer: TC Energy
Electrical Instrumentation and Controls Technician
Reference Code: 78563
Location: United States (US) - Richmond, MI
Job Category: Pipeline/Power Operations; Trades/Technical
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
Application Deadline: 02/03/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our USGO Great Lakes – Saginaw Valley team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Michigan to support our assets in Richmond and the surrounding area.
We are seeking an experienced Electrical Instrumentation and Controls Technician who is proficient in troubleshooting, maintaining, and operating natural gas compressor station control systems and other related facilities.
This individual must be a self-starter, capable of working with minimal supervision, who possesses excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, and communication skills.
What you’ll do:
- Install, commission, test, repair, and maintain compressor station, meter station, regulating equipment, communication systems, and other facilities related to the pipeline system
- Perform routine and major maintenance on gas reciprocating engines, gas compressor units, and associated auxiliary equipment
- Troubleshoot, operate, maintain, calibrate, and repair various types of electronic, electric, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment
- Maintain power, process controls, programmable logic controllers (PLC), electric generation equipment, microwave multiplex equipment, and orifice meters
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain instrumentation, electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, apparatuses and fixtures, using hand and power tools
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, equipment, and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of the breakdown and correct the problem
Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustments or repair, ensuring compliance with codes
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, frequency generators, and oscilloscopes
- Receive and maintain equipment documentation such as blue prints, schematics, line diagrams, technical manuals, and operation manuals and serve as the facility technical resource in their review and use
- Locate and visually mark subsurface pipeline infrastructure with paint and/or flags
- Complete work orders, enter data into job plans, create new work orders, etc. in SAP
- Other tasks as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a related industry
- Associates degree to include courses in electronics/controls
- Experience in gas measurement processes and related equipment
- Electrical Journeyman license
- Industrial PLC experience
- Operational experience related to high-pressure natural gas transmission and storage
This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
- Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, to include drug and alcohol testing
- Be subject to call out 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work extended days and/or weeks for emergency response purposes
- Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings, or training which would involve some overnight stays away from home
- Be subject to working conditions which include adverse weather and temperatures and cramped conditions
Driving a motor vehicle is an essential job function of this position. Following a conditional offer of employment, the Company will check the motor vehicle records of any job applicant when driving is an essential job function.
About our business:
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Our 57,900-mile natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America – the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent’s growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 percent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America, heating homes, fueling industries, and generating power. To learn more about field operator and trades roles at TC Energy, please visit https://www.tcenergy.com/about/careers/trades-and-operators/.
Apply to this posting by 02/03/2021 using reference code 78563. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
Job Segment: Technician, Hydraulics, Instrumentation, ERP, Electrical, Technology, Engineering
Location: Richmond, MI
Application Method: Online: https://jobs.tcenergy.com/job/Richmond-Electrical-Instrumentation-and-Controls-Technician-MI-48062/705074400/
Base Pay: DOQ